Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   i'm embarrased to post this: setting up an arbitrage on American Idol (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=57669)

SunOfBeach 03-11-2006 11:26 AM

Re: i\'m embarrased to post this: setting up an arbitrage on American I

I made my bet on Pinny.

m bozeman 03-11-2006 12:40 PM

Thanks for the info, I just signed up and placed a few bets. I got Paris lasting longer than Lisa $75 to win 123; Kellie to last longer than Katherine $50 to win $117; Paris will make the final 4 $100 to win $259, and Bucky to get eliminated next week $20 to win 90.

SunOfBeach 03-11-2006 02:39 PM

yeah, that bucky line moved in your favor alot. i bet him at +302, obviously i think theres ALOT of value at +450...

this whole conversation is just hilarious...

m bozeman 03-11-2006 04:27 PM

Yeah, you don't think people are making fun of us, do you?

To save my reputation, I have to say that all of my comments in this thread are actually the thoughts of my wife, who watches the show. I know nothing about it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

KingCon 03-11-2006 09:10 PM

Easy. Fianl 3 will be

3rd--Kelly Pickler
2nd--Paris
1st--Taylor Hicks

Hicks isnt the best singer, but the crowds love him. I would put a lot of money on Hicks

SunOfBeach 03-11-2006 09:17 PM

um.... no.

RiveredAgain 03-12-2006 02:48 AM

I agree with a lot of what OP said. However, one thing to be careful of is Kellie. She simply has an enormous fan base already. She is no where close to being the best singer in the competition, but I would bet that she received the most number of votes every week among the girls so far. Her line is always busy when everyone else's calls are going through. But I doubt she will win the whole thing.

Simon, who also supposedly predicted Carrie would win last year, predicted this year that either Chris, Taylor, or Kellie will win this year.

jmillerdls 03-12-2006 03:51 AM

Paris is terrible (ok, a bit exaggerated, but she has sung nothing but crappy songs), and annoying (she bounces around on stage like an idiot and makes ridiculous facial expressions throughout her songs). No shot. I'm guessing in the 6th to 8th range for her. Lisa Tucker outlasts her...gauranteed.

Not that I think she will win, but I think Lisa Tucker is getting WAY overlooked in this whole thing. This chick has a lot of experience, not only in singing competitions, but in being a professional singer. She has poise, and a terrific voice. She has yet to stand out, but I'm guessing she will start picking some "belt-it-out" songs now that the judges have given her advice...just wait and see.

Angelus 03-12-2006 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Paris is terrible (ok, a bit exaggerated, but she has sung nothing but crappy songs), and annoying (she bounces around on stage like an idiot and makes ridiculous facial expressions throughout her songs). No shot. I'm guessing in the 6th to 8th range for her. Lisa Tucker outlasts her...gauranteed.

Not that I think she will win, but I think Lisa Tucker is getting WAY overlooked in this whole thing. This chick has a lot of experience, not only in singing competitions, but in being a professional singer. She has poise, and a terrific voice. She has yet to stand out, but I'm guessing she will start picking some "belt-it-out" songs now that the judges have given her advice...just wait and see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lisa Tucker is very boring. The average viewer will not enjoy her as much as they'd enjoy Paris, simply because of their personalities. Neither wins, but I do think Paris will last longer and that's why I put some money down on that prop.

craig 03-12-2006 06:14 AM

I am embrassed that I read this entire thread. 2 minutes of my life were wasted [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

craig