Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   **Official Greatest NES Game of All-Time** Elite Eight (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553122)

prohornblower 11-24-2007 01:17 PM

Re: **Official Greatest NES Game of All-Time** Elite Eight

TSB
MTP
Zelda
Contra

Annorax 11-24-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only person shocked to see SMB2 still around?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're not. Doki Doki Panic isn't good enough to be on the list. The only reason it's still here is Mario fanboyism.

XXXNoahXXX 11-24-2007 04:09 PM

did anyone actually play tetris on nes? i thought the fame grew on gameboy.

JuntMonkey 11-24-2007 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're not. Doki Doki Panic isn't good enough to be on the list. The only reason it's still here is Mario fanboyism.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the reason it's still here is because it was up against World Class Track Meet, the original Bomberman, and Double Dragon II. The only one that can even be argued as superior is DD2. I personally prefer DD2 but I don't think SMB2 beating it is a big deal, it's close enough. Think about how awesome Birdo is.

Stop commenting without understanding the brackets. These are not necessarily what OOT thinks are the 8 greatest NES games if we voted in a straight poll.

Annorax 11-24-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the reason it's still here is because it was up against World Class Track Meet, the original Bomberman, and Double Dragon II. The only one that can even be argued as superior is DD2. I personally prefer DD2 but I don't think SMB2 beating it is a big deal, it's close enough. Think about how awesome Birdo is.

Stop commenting without understanding the brackets. These are not necessarily what OOT thinks are the 8 greatest NES games if we voted in a straight poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I didn't pay much attention to the early brackets. DD2 is superior, but close enough that it's no big deal.

I'll die a little (or a lot) inside if SMB2 beats Contra, though.

DavTron3030 11-24-2007 05:14 PM

how is the original smb winning over tsb? dont get me wrong its a fun game and an "innovator", but this isn't a poll for the most important nes game ever made. you guys are jokers for voting for anything other than tsb all the way.

prohornblower 11-24-2007 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how is the original smb winning over tsb? dont get me wrong its a fun game and an "innovator", but this isn't a poll for the most important nes game ever made. you guys are jokers for voting for anything other than tsb all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know right? I mean you couldn't get 90 sacks with the nose tackle in the original Mario game.

FWIW, SMB2 was likely my favorite of the 3. OMG CONTROVERSY!!!

metsandfinsfan 11-24-2007 07:08 PM

i voted for all 4 that are losing

[censored] me

metsandfinsfan 11-24-2007 07:09 PM

after tecmo is eliminated this round, im gonna be so depressed that i think i am done participating

mbillie1 11-24-2007 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after tecmo is eliminated this round, im gonna be so depressed that i think i am done participating

[/ QUOTE ]

qft, I don't see how the mario series deserves more than 1 entry at this stage of the competition

also wtf mike tyson's punchout pwns, didn't you guys play that game??