Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   hand vs Jonathan Little Wpt FT Bubble (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552972)

adanthar 11-24-2007 03:54 AM

Re: hand vs Jonathan Little Wpt FT Bubble

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like its pretty much consensus that betting here sucks, and I agree.
Do we bet call AT no club? I think I do.
Do we bet/call JcTx? QcTx? KcTx? I think my line here is QcTx and I check it back with JcTx.
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

that feels about right. I'd be okay with getting in most other pair + big clubs (Kc9x would be ok etc.) as well but probably wouldn't try to do it on purpose.

Zugwat 11-24-2007 04:47 AM

yea, my first instinct was to check back and I should have, as soon as i made the bet i knew it was bad. At this point already I could just feel the tourney slipping away from me and it was a terrible terrible feeling. Definitely was not playing my best poker on this day.

the feedback has been pretty insightful

I folded the hand and asked him later after i busted what he had. He said he had 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for top two

sigh

Unphased 11-24-2007 06:54 AM

If you are folding to a c/r then check behind, because he certainly doing this a large percentage of the time with the majority of hands he is defending. As played, fold, you're flipping at best.

psyduck 11-24-2007 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yea, my first instinct was to check back and I should have, as soon as i made the bet i knew it was bad. At this point already I could just feel the tourney slipping away from me and it was a terrible terrible feeling. Definitely was not playing my best poker on this day.

the feedback has been pretty insightful

I folded the hand and asked him later after i busted what he had. He said he had 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for top two

sigh

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the thing. Timing tells against players of this calibre are pretty useless. I'm sure he could have been lying or whatever, but when he snap-shoves on this board you can't immediately think "he most likely has a high club or a big combo draw I call" because that's exactly what JLittle wants you to think.

Todd Terry 11-24-2007 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are folding to a c/r then check behind, because he certainly doing this a large percentage of the time with the majority of hands he is defending. As played, fold, you're flipping at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you care to give us a range of hands he's defending with and a range he's jamming with and show how he's jamming over 50% of his defending range here on this board? There's no way that's correct.

WarDekar 11-24-2007 02:09 PM

Are you serious Todd? He's jamming like.... almost all of his range that continues

Todd Terry 11-24-2007 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious Todd? He's jamming like.... almost all of his range that continues

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that, maybe I misunderstood the other post. I thought he was saying that he's jamming with most of his preflop calling range, which is what I'm disagreeing with. I think, of the hands he's continuing after the flop with, he raising or jamming with 100%.

Edit: I took "defending" to mean calling out of the blind, rather than continuing on with the hand, which I think is what he meant, but only he can tell us.

fslexcduck 11-24-2007 04:08 PM

fine, but then if we're folding to the raise, how can betting be good here? He doesn't have enough outs that giving a free card is nearly as big a worry as being pushed off the best hand, which will happen some huge percentage of the time. that's the point here.

you're right he might call with 44 and c/f the flop but guess what? we're gonna beat 44 on most turns and he might even bluff with KJh sometimes when a 2 peels off so we make even more...

edit: or just c/c with a 9 on the turn etc

FieryJustice 11-24-2007 04:33 PM

meh, I had the T9 and thought I might get a call from Tx if I instapushed but it didnt happen. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

g0lfa 11-24-2007 09:58 PM

how are you playing JcTd?