Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Off Topic — Cool story IMO (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550204)

Nez477 11-20-2007 12:49 AM

Re: Off Topic — Cool story IMO

Awesome story Dan

antidan444 11-20-2007 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So in ANY of your articles written over the years, have you ever made a WW or poker reference?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have made several poker references. I once considered making a WW reference, but really, at least my readers have a decent chance to get a poker reference, WW not so much.

antidan444 11-20-2007 12:52 AM

And thanks, Nez (and chim).

Mark_K 11-20-2007 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So in ANY of your articles written over the years, have you ever made a WW or poker reference?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have made several poker references. I once considered making a WW reference, but really, at least my readers have a decent chance to get a poker reference, WW not so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah... One little reference to a "lynching" and out on your can you will go...

antidan444 11-20-2007 01:01 AM

ROFLMAO!

DustinG 11-20-2007 01:03 AM

I drive by scottsdale community college pretty much every day. Had I only known I could have witnessed history.

55-53 is pretty nuts though.

antidan444 11-20-2007 01:10 AM

Dustin,

How much did the Scottsdale-area papers cover the tournament? (If you know, I realize you may not get a paper.) I had a hell of a time researching this story, I couldn't find anything on the specific game other than what Hagerstown's coach called into us Saturday afternoon.

LuckayLuck 11-20-2007 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The third option is a bad headline because it leaves the reader clueless as to what the story is about. The first headline is similar because it doesn't say "volleyball" in it, although a volleyball graphic in the story would help that.

I don't even get the second one.

Not trying to be mean, just explaining why the headline is what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]
mainly a jopke, but I think your title doesn't do the game enough jsutice [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I can't think of a better one though, not at the moment

antidan444 11-20-2007 01:22 AM

I usually go for function over humor/catchiness, mainly because I'm not all that good with humor/catchiness. But there are lots of headline writers better than I am who can write headlines that are both catchy and functional.

DustinG 11-20-2007 01:22 AM

I don't read the paper and I had no clue this was going on until seeing this thread.

I searched the AZ Republic and there were a couple blurbs about the Phoenix College team, which won in the first round and then was knocked out I think in the next, but nothing on the rest of the tournament. The other paper, The East Valley Tribune, had nothing at all.