Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Why do none of the 3/6 and 5/10 full ring players post here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548364)

AllTheCheese 11-17-2007 03:45 PM

Re: Why do none of the 3/6 and 5/10 full ring players post here?

IMO a lot of the commentary for 6-max is inapplicable to FR. For example, it's frequently trivial to get all-in with Queens in 6-max, and one pair is much more often a stack-off hand. I would take 6-max advice with a grain of salt, or risk winding up leveling my JJ all-in preflop into BTN's AA.

ship_it_trebek 11-17-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's this "split go go!" business? What does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every month there seems to be a debate over whether the forum should split into high and low stakes. The same routine seems to occur, in general low stakes players say no and high stakes players say yes and will post more if theres a split. No consensus is reached then there is an argument at where to split it (NL100 or NL200), the thread dies and reincarnates every so often.

AllTheCheese 11-17-2007 03:49 PM

Thanks for the clarification, guys.

::so tempted to give my opinion::

soah 11-17-2007 03:50 PM

A lot of people read stuff that gets posted here and I don't know who they are when I play against them. It's not often that I have questions that I think people here can help me with which don't reveal exploitative/exploitable tendencies in my thinking.

For example most of the time I play pretty straightforward but every here and there I will make a big play based upon a read or just intuition... the last thing I'm gonna do is post here to explain exactly which details of the hand led me to make that read. Playing against total unknowns who know how to get me to call down all three streets with a bluffcatcher is just so bad for me.

AceCR9 11-17-2007 04:19 PM

hi

Landlord79 11-17-2007 07:27 PM

Split! Gogogogogo

I've started floating over to the MSNL forum so that I can read some none "Should I fold this bottom set?" information.

DjSkyy 11-17-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering why none of them post here for the most part and it's all 2/4 and below players. Anyone have any explination?

[/ QUOTE ]
I post here sometimes, but ppl tend to say rude things to me, just like you do at the tables Epi! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

EPiPeN11 11-17-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering why none of them post here for the most part and it's all 2/4 and below players. Anyone have any explination?

[/ QUOTE ]
I post here sometimes, but ppl tend to say rude things to me, just like you do at the tables Epi! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL sorry I only talk crap occasionally when pokerstars is royally [censored] me. It's usually after the 7th or 8th bad beat of the day I take my agression out on some unfortunate soul [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

What's your name on ps?

coordi 11-17-2007 08:02 PM

MS reg from SF who isnt out in the open...

BinaryFinary

EPiPeN11 11-17-2007 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MS reg from SF who isnt out in the open...

BinaryFinary

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh BinaryFinary, you are a good player man I respect your game, don't take my [censored] talking personally.