Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Flop big draw OOP, no fold equity(?) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546980)

Absolution 11-15-2007 09:03 PM

Re: Flop big draw OOP, no fold equity(?)

[ QUOTE ]
A-hi 3-betting a drawy board in position HU is so ridiculously standard in the Stars 5, though moreso when I c/r from the BB vs. a stealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

It must be a level thing then, because I hardly ever use or see that move. So the line is 3-bet the flop, bet safe turns and check behind the river? I guess it's cheaper than raising the turn.

private joker 11-15-2007 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah. For some reason he likes to keep initiative in position on drawy boards when he thinks your range includes a lot of draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol really?

[/ QUOTE ]

You weren't doing this? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

efficacy 11-15-2007 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah. For some reason he likes to keep initiative in position on drawy boards when he thinks your range includes a lot of draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol really?

[/ QUOTE ]

You weren't doing this? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

pls show me an example.

Heisenb3rg 11-15-2007 09:43 PM

Whats retarded is if people do it on drawy boards..

cause you can get capped with a draw or a made hand (putting you on a draw), plus you have like - fold equity.

The A hi 3-bet in position is retarded and makes no sense unless someone will fold a better hand... which is never.

The only reason you want to 3-bet these hands in position is if you KNOW you are beat but they will very unlikely cap, so you can take a free card AND FOLD THE RIVER.

Sethy, I cap flop and check the turn...
But I balance my play by taking this line with monsters too so... I dont really care taht much when they bet.

If efficacy really takes the 3-bet flop line with A hi on the worst board to do it, then please cap the flop and bet the turn.

I doubt he's raising one pair on the turn after you cap the flop.

private joker 11-16-2007 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

pls show me an example.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of this hand:

PokerStars $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">MP raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">MP bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero caps!</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (8.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

Results:
<font color="#FFFFFF">
MP shows As, Kh (high card Ace).
Hero shows Js, Tc (high card Jack).
Outcome: MP wins 9.90 BB.
($3.00 Rake)
</font>

But it turns out this was a different 2+2er who should never be calling me down with A-high here (since I've never bet the river with worse until this hand) and even said "gift" in the chat before paying me off.

Also, wow I played this hand so badly. At least I was right that he had AK.