Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Prop bet for Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546584)

GT30 11-15-2007 05:19 AM

Re: Prop bet for Full Ring

we wish you luck, keep us updated

BlackRain 11-15-2007 05:41 AM

I don't think you have much of a chance playing a solid game on 10-12 tables. I think if you want to win this bet you should play 4 tables lagtard 40/30 or so. Try to get some people on tilt and gamble it up at times. You will also probably maintain a decent wait list on all your tables, keeping them from breaking. Problem, as alluded to by others, you might lose 2k or more in the process.

holdem2000 11-15-2007 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Games breaking was why I was thinking of just 10-12 tabling the $200NL games as there are a lot more of them and the $400 games get really thin late night.

Time of day is also a factor. I am thinking of starting around 6-8pm on a Friday or Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely do this on the weekend, but I'd start around 10AM-noon saturday morning so that you're already set with half a dozen 4+ buyin stacks by nighttime when you wont have to worry about tables breaking.

br.bm 11-15-2007 07:37 AM

gl, keep us updated

Smart Money 11-15-2007 09:15 AM

You've got more of a chance of Elvis sitting down at one of your tables than winning this bet.

For the best 200NL players, it's not too far off 50/50 whether they could make a 10bi profit across multiple tables in a single 24 hour period. ($83/hour is less than the top players average- but playing for 24 hours straight, and including non-prime hours it would be a pretty good rate.)

So to take even money on managing it on a single table isn't the best bet in the world.

If you could get 100/1 odds then it may be worth thinking about.

RiverMustelid 11-15-2007 09:50 AM

You must get him to agree that if the table goes to less than 3 you will sit out, but that if it starts up again you can continue - it would suck to have a table break when you were close. I play off peak a lot, and tables are breaking all the time.

Incidentally, who here has had a 2k stack at 200NL FR? I've had one on 6 max (bizarrely on a day I lost 2k overall, but that's another story), but I think 1.7k is the most of FR and I do play pretty long sessions at the same table on occasion.

Bellagibro 11-15-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You must get him to agree that if the table goes to less than 3 you will sit out, but that if it starts up again you can continue - it would suck to have a table break when you were close. I play off peak a lot, and tables are breaking all the time.

Incidentally, who here has had a 2k stack at 200NL FR? I've had one on 6 max (bizarrely on a day I lost 2k overall, but that's another story), but I think 1.7k is the most of FR and I do play pretty long sessions at the same table on occasion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would sit out and then be able to come back when and if the table started again.

I've seen a $1000 stack on 100NL full ring once before on Stars but that was awhile back.

BlackRain 11-15-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen a $1000 stack on 100NL full ring once before on Stars but that was awhile back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that Stars also used to have reload trick. 10x or more stacks were a common thing back then with regulars abusing it.

King Spew 11-15-2007 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At no point do I think that I have a big edge here, I am most likely slightly to moderately -EV. The longer my session goes, the worst I play. I know this and my buddy knows this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmmm, you better get HUGE odds.

CalledDownLight 11-15-2007 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would sit out and then be able to come back when and if the table started again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw a mega fish run up a stack of $2300 at NL100 in less than 30 min. Guy was playing like 95/85.