Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Dwight Freeneys season possibly over (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545457)

ClarkNasty 11-13-2007 08:58 PM

Re: Dwight Freeneys season possibly over

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gg Colts, we'll always wonder what could have been.

[/ QUOTE ]

even with Freeney, the Colts are a TD dog @ NE

[/ QUOTE ]

They closed at about 5.5 point dogs at home. In Foxboro in January I've got to guess the line would be like 12.5 or so.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-13-2007 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They closed at about 5.5 point dogs at home. In Foxboro in January I've got to guess the line would be like 12.5 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

but in hindsight, I think 5.5 was too high, 2 or 3 was closer to right. I think the line would be about 9, but that's just a newb guess

ClarkNasty 11-13-2007 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but in hindsight, I think 5.5 was too high, 2 or 3 was closer to right. I think the line would be about 9, but that's just a newb guess

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why they have betting I guess. Because after the game I thought to myself that NE covers 5.5 about 75% of the time.

TheNoodleMan 11-13-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the thing about this report is that they seem to have really specific information.

[/ QUOTE ]
Like what? All I see is "a source said Tuesday that Freeney might have suffered a Lisfranc injury"

[x] unnamed source
[x] statement qualified with "might"

[/ QUOTE ]

"Lisfranc injury" is a phrase I have never heard before. seems like a weird thing to come out of complete speculation

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously? I thought every serious NFL fan knew all about it. Its the biggest new injury to hit the NFL since turf toe.

Westbrook , Kevin Jones , and Strahan have all had it in recent seasons. It would be really high on the list of foot injuries that you'd expect random ESPN style speculation about given that Freeney had his foot wrapped.

HajiShirazu 11-13-2007 09:49 PM

Aren't these lisfranc injuries basically 100% due to that astro/field turf crap they play on? Grass FTW.

Jay Riall 11-13-2007 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't these lisfranc injuries basically 100% due to that astro/field turf crap they play on? Grass FTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah grass is great. See the London game for proof.

TheNoodleMan 11-13-2007 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Freeney was on grass, Westbrook was on grass. It isn't a turf issue at all.

No one plays on astroturf anymore anyway. The new synthetics don't mess guys up like the old stuff, its very comparable to grass.

Spellmen 11-13-2007 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Vet doesn't exist anymore

Kneel B4 Zod 11-14-2007 08:31 AM

Indy Star says season likely over

Semtex 11-14-2007 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Indy Star says season likely over

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really news. Article said the exact same thing that the Clayton article did, namely that some source said Freeney will need surgery.