Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Borgata $5K: Every Live Tell There Is In One Hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545107)

NYWalker 11-16-2007 07:56 PM

Re: Borgata $5K: Every Live Tell There Is In One Hand

[ QUOTE ]
It means you actually pick up on tons of little live tells / nuances while people like Bakes are busy practicing their steely-eyed gaze for the camera.

NYWalker will post things like how a guy broke his chips one hand vs. a previous hand, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, different people approach the game in different ways. Everyone's understanding of the game changes along with one's experience, skills, stakes etc. Before, I was frustrated when communicating with players who look at the game in different views than mine.

Going forward, I think there is no need to request others agree with our thought, but we should understand how others play from their prospect, their understanding, hopefully, we realize our own weakness and improve our games.

Stumpy 11-16-2007 09:38 PM

NY,

I wasn't, and I don't think Bakes was criticizing you. Neither post was very serious either.
Your attention to little details live is a good thing, but I miss 90% of this kind of stuff, and misinterpret at least half of what I do notice.

sheetsworld 11-16-2007 10:13 PM

I agree with everything shaniac said.

sheets

NYWalker 11-17-2007 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NY,

I wasn't, and I don't think Bakes was criticizing you. Neither post was very serious either.
Your attention to little details live is a good thing, but I miss 90% of this kind of stuff, and misinterpret at least half of what I do notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Bakes was criticizing me or Todd. There was misunderstanding before, but nothing major. Good luck to all!

Todd, result ?

Astyanax 11-17-2007 11:20 AM

This is, in effect, a story and so I think results would be helpful (eveutually). I also think that this hand can swing both ways at any given tournament - one time he had the nuts, the others you have him crushed. I.e. the reads and the tells are somewhat irrelavant; as said they can be used in different situations by differing strengths of players.

Personally, I have him on something even as weak as QK. Having said that you are racing against most of his range AQ + AK and for some reason I think he is capable of laying down a hand like 88 99 (I don't know why) and therefore crushed by the rest of it....

You are just under the border-line of tournament commited and so I fold.

Todd Terry 11-17-2007 11:40 AM

I folded, other players at the table was convinced the guy had AA as well for whatever reason. I try not to rely on "feelings" that can't be described and analyzed in dealing with live tells, but perhaps this a hand where if we had a videotape everyone would agree with me, who knows. Thanks for the input.