Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   100NL JJ facing a checkraise preflop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544632)

Alobar 11-13-2007 05:39 AM

Re: 100NL JJ facing a checkraise preflop

[ QUOTE ]

given that you have a agressive immage makes it even easyer.

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldnt that make it harder, since hes more likely to call with AA,KK because hes expecting you to squeeze?

I call fwiw, Id be more scared if he made a not all in reraise. Also your 3 bet is a little big so it might add more to him thinking you are bluffing. If you did call and he showed up with some weaker hand, I remember that so I can I can use my bet sizing against him in the future

shpanko 11-13-2007 05:51 AM

No nit is calling OOP pf with QQ+ against a dumb lag hoping that a semi aggro tag is going to squeeze. This is a mid pair or AK/AQ like always. Instacall please.

Oh and people saying just call pf, wtf? NITS!!! You realize the opener is pretty loose/bad right.

martijn 11-13-2007 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

given that you have a agressive immage makes it even easyer.

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldnt that make it harder, since hes more likely to call with AA,KK because hes expecting you to squeeze?

Against a good and thinking player, this holds alot of truth. However, this guy seems to be a bad nit. I doubt he is looking at the bigger picture/thinking much about the hand at all. All he sees is someone raised, he has pocket 8's, and decides to setmine. When you come over the top here, he now realises that you are a agressive player who raises/reraises light, and decides its time to make a stand/figures his range beats yours.

Tanky 11-13-2007 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No nit is calling OOP pf with QQ+ against a dumb lag hoping that a semi aggro tag is going to squeeze. This is a mid pair or AK/AQ like always. Instacall please.

Oh and people saying just call pf, wtf? NITS!!! You realize the opener is pretty loose/bad right.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the money.

billybeartku 11-13-2007 07:36 AM

I call this. I just don't think this nit has QQ+, maybe AQ or AK, more often you see hands like 66-TT

illwill514 11-13-2007 12:20 PM

This look like resteal I dont see why a thinking tag would smooth call therewith AA/KK. that said im a nit and probably fold it.

Chicago Twister 11-13-2007 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dont rr pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely rr preflop.

agnoke10 11-13-2007 12:40 PM

maybe make your rr a little smaller, but yea i think he shows up with low pps, and AK almost 90% of the time here, get it in.

gergong2 11-13-2007 12:42 PM

i call it all day, its usually a smaller pp or ak/aq.

wuwei 11-13-2007 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know why he'd decide to slow play something like QQ-AA out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I think playing QQ this way rules - pretty sure I have a recent hand that looks just like this. AA, KK, I don't like so much.

It's a call once you 3bet, the pot's just too big and he will show up enough w AK to warrant it.