Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   **Official Miami Dolphins Thread** Can we get both the records? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543867)

kyro 11-12-2007 01:30 PM

Re: **Official Miami Dolphins Thread** Can we get both the records?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
KB4Z,

The dropoff from Brown to Chatman isn't much. The group Miami is fielding currently is probably worse than DVOA shows, but I bet that is mostly the gap between Lemon and Green, and not Brown/Chatman.

[/ QUOTE ]I would bet the other way. So Chatman had a good week this week, did you see Browns numbers before he was injured?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I did. How much of it was Brown, and how much of it was the OL? I think RBs are very overrated. Anyways, Chatman has had 3 decent weeks as the #1 back in Miami. An inflated 7/73 against a prevent-playing Pats team, 16/79 in terrible conditions against the Giants, and 27/124 against a good Buffalo run defense.

Chatman isn't the receiving threat Brown is, but he's a fine runner.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-12-2007 01:52 PM

comparing dvoa, both lemon and chatman are big downgrades from the guys they replaced

aditya 11-16-2007 11:43 PM

yes, John Beck is starting. Ricky Williams is back as well. 6-0 for rest of season?

kyro 11-17-2007 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
comparing dvoa, both lemon and chatman are big downgrades from the guys they replaced

[/ QUOTE ]

so it seems, but does DPAR and individual DVOA account for playing conditions? I think it's unfair to judge Chatman when about 33% of his runs came in London where NOBODY had a decent offensive game, assuming they only account for opponent. I'm eager to see how he does in the next couple of weeks.

Also, Lemon is 16% points worse than Green. Chatman is only 12 points worse. So technically I was right. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Phildo 11-17-2007 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
KB4Z,

The dropoff from Brown to Chatman isn't much. The group Miami is fielding currently is probably worse than DVOA shows, but I bet that is mostly the gap between Lemon and Green, and not Brown/Chatman.

[/ QUOTE ]I would bet the other way. So Chatman had a good week this week, did you see Browns numbers before he was injured?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I did. How much of it was Brown, and how much of it was the OL? I think RBs are very overrated. Anyways, Chatman has had 3 decent weeks as the #1 back in Miami. An inflated 7/73 against a prevent-playing Pats team, 16/79 in terrible conditions against the Giants, and 27/124 against a good Buffalo run defense.

[/ QUOTE ]
Buffalo is allowing 4.3 yards per carry, which is the ninth worst in the league. The Patriots game doesn't count and you know it.

Semtex 11-17-2007 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, John Beck is starting. Ricky Williams is back as well. 6-0 for rest of season?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeea. typical dolphins start the season in a hole and finish strong. NE is going down.

metsandfinsfan 11-17-2007 01:01 AM

yay go fins

Phildo 11-17-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeea. typical dolphins start the season in a hole and finish strong. NE is going down.

[/ QUOTE ]
A rookie QB with no WRs is an excellent combination.