Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Huge NCAA Lock (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542446)

johnnylovescandy 11-10-2007 12:34 AM

Re: Huge NCAA Lock

RUTGERS -19.5

smbruin22 11-10-2007 01:15 AM

i think i've had about 8 "lock" type suggestions on here, and i bet my record is 1-7 (0-8). oh, i guess i had the FSU/miami UNDER's, which were so obvious. so maybe 2-7... but i do think that sometimes when you think something's a lock, you're missing some huge piece of the puzzle, as i was (i guess, because some bets missed by miles)...not sure that makes huge sense.

regarding kentucky, yes, i think they're better than vandy. but i wonder about a huge, rest-of-season type letdown after the LSU, florida (And i guess louisville earlier) games.

jhennis 11-10-2007 01:53 AM

i'll be back tomorrow night and i expect some thank you's for the locks and apologies for calling me a donk

CardSharpCook 11-10-2007 02:02 AM

gl with that, donk.

hedgie43 11-10-2007 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cool but im not a donk i'm up like $1100 on the season

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Even losing players have winning seasons.
2. ZOMG $1100!@!%

[ QUOTE ]
i'll be back tomorrow night and i expect some thank you's for the locks and apologies for calling me a donk

[/ QUOTE ]

The result of one game hardly means you are or are not a donk. The fact that you think it is a lock is what makes you a donk.

kyro 11-10-2007 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'll be back tomorrow night if kentucky covers and i expect some thank you's for the locks and apologies for calling me a donk

[/ QUOTE ]

you suck

johnnylovescandy 11-10-2007 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here's hoping to congratulate you tomorrow, I have kentucky -3.5, but shhhhhh, don't tell the other posters. it's our little secret....

MicroBob 11-10-2007 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If UK wins then that still does not mean it was ever a "lock".
Do you see why?

Also, you being a UK fan and being all excited about how good UK is and also being in attendance at this game does not make it a lock either.
In fact, these aspects make it even further away from a lock.
Do you see why?

I think anyone who seriously makes a post about some game being a "lock" I suggest that post be deleted or thread locked and be directed to the low-content forum where I believe you are free to push all your ideas about, "OMGZZ. I'm the BIGGEST fan EVAR!! and I GHER-UHN-TEA 'dey izz gonna' whoop 'em YO!!"

But for the rest of the threads, as amusing as some of these can be, I think we should take a harsh stance on "this team is a LOCK" and other extreme cheerleading or trash-talk about whatever games because really around here we are trying to do something that at least vaguely resembles serious analysis.

Henry17 11-10-2007 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cool but im not a donk i'm up like $1100 on the season

[/ QUOTE ]

When trying to present your record it would be better if you stated you were up X amount of units. Being up $1100 is pretty meaningless. If you are a $50 better then it is amazing. If you are a $5k better then it is [censored].

The juice on my average bet is more then $1100 so as a monetary amount I don't find it impressive. Now if you stated you were +22 units then I would have a context for how your season is going.

jhennis 11-10-2007 12:34 PM

no i'm not going to the game, and my unit is $100.