Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Blackwater: Did anyone hear this??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542310)

RedBean 11-10-2007 05:13 AM

Re: Blackwater: Did anyone hear this???

[ QUOTE ]
Who is this guy? I don't read the Washington Post, I'm starting to look more into him now. I know you said his brother had been involved in some controversy, but has the writer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read some of his work. Then do your own independent research on whatever topic he writes on. The majority of the time, you'll see his version of events is exaggerated, misleading, and sometimes outright fabricated in order to make the most tantalizing pieces possible.

Years ago, newspapers had two different positions filled with two different people.....sales and writers.

Some of them have combined those jobs, and this guy's main goal is to sell newspapers, and most often it is at the expense of factual, objective reporting.

DblBarrelJ 11-10-2007 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who is this guy? I don't read the Washington Post, I'm starting to look more into him now. I know you said his brother had been involved in some controversy, but has the writer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read some of his work. Then do your own independent research on whatever topic he writes on. The majority of the time, you'll see his version of events is exaggerated, misleading, and sometimes outright fabricated in order to make the most tantalizing pieces possible.

Years ago, newspapers had two different positions filled with two different people.....sales and writers.

Some of them have combined those jobs, and this guy's main goal is to sell newspapers, and most often it is at the expense of factual, objective reporting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I've researched him since making that post. That guy is full of bull [censored] and propaganda.

The once and future king 11-10-2007 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You call Federal law enforcement agents "Politicians"?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The U.S. government reached a different conclusion. Based on information from the Blackwater guards, who said they were fired upon, the State Department determined that the security team's actions "fell within approved rules governing the use of force,"

[/ QUOTE ]

So based on the testimony of blackwater, THE STATE DEPARTMENT cleared them. LMAO.

The Speech your DI gave you should have said : "When they say jump, you say how high?"

MidGe 11-10-2007 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I've researched him since making that post. That guy is full of bull [censored] and propaganda.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean that guy has different opinions from yours? LOL

PS what type of research have you done?

mrick 11-10-2007 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BAGHDAD, Nov. 8 (UPI) -- The U.S. government countered Iraqi claims that employees with Blackwater USA fired “without any provocation” on Iraqi guards, killing three.

The U.S. government said employees with the security contractor Blackwater USA acted “within approved rules governing the use of force”.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankfully this development won't anger any Iraqis into joining the ranks of the insurgency. Including any Iraqis who are in the military or the police. I mean, I'm sure this ain't gonna cost American lives down the road. Surely it won't. Right?

DblBarrelJ 11-11-2007 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So based on the testimony of blackwater, THE STATE DEPARTMENT cleared them. LMAO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just purely for laughs, who, in your opinion, took the statements from Blackwater? Just take a wild shot in the dark at what agency does that kind of thing.

[ QUOTE ]

The Speech your DI gave you should have said : "When they say jump, you say how high?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, especially since you're proving his point with this post.

DblBarrelJ 11-11-2007 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PS what type of research have you done?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read every article I could find. What type of research have you done?

DblBarrelJ 11-11-2007 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BAGHDAD, Nov. 8 (UPI) -- The U.S. government countered Iraqi claims that employees with Blackwater USA fired “without any provocation” on Iraqi guards, killing three.

The U.S. government said employees with the security contractor Blackwater USA acted “within approved rules governing the use of force”.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankfully this development won't anger any Iraqis into joining the ranks of the insurgency. Including any Iraqis who are in the military or the police. I mean, I'm sure this ain't gonna cost American lives down the road. Surely it won't. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps Iraq should stop lying about events in the best interests of the American GI, huh?

MidGe 11-11-2007 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps Iraq should stop lying about events in the best interests of the American GI, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

What??? Above their national interests??? They should do as the USA say, not as it does?

You have a very one sided view. I am supporting the majority of US citizens!

DblBarrelJ 11-11-2007 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What??? Above their national interests??? They should do as the USA say, not as it does?

You have a very one sided view. I am supporting the majority of US citizens!

[/ QUOTE ]

source?