Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   New FTP Pros - (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539391)

eljizzle 11-06-2007 05:19 AM

Re: New FTP Pros -

Clements is all business... I remember when he won his bracelet last year ('06) and was doing photos with the money/chips/bracelet, we (the photographers) literally could not even get a smile out of him. It was like he was already thinking about the next tournament.

Flip-Flop 11-06-2007 05:40 AM

At least FTP is hiring real pros.
Stars on the other hand is getting ridiculous with signing just about anyone that was playing the WSOP ME and was shown on TV.
Any random dude you saw on TV in Rio this summer is on the PS team now.
I think they even might start hiring the railtards next year.

Burdzthewurd 11-06-2007 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At least FTP is hiring real pros.
Stars on the other hand is getting ridiculous with signing just about anyone that was playing the WSOP ME and was shown on TV.
Any random dude you saw on TV in Rio this summer is on the PS team now.
I think they even might start hiring the railtards next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd pay to see a LuckyJimm Pokerstars commercial about railtarding one's way to greatness.

ReubWills 11-06-2007 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like FTP snapped up both Jon Little and Scott Clements at Fallsview

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like Jon Little is playing .25-.50 NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

And short stacking.

timex 11-06-2007 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jon Little is exactly the kind of person and player you'd want representing your site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although he is definitely the man, I disagree.

Who would join a site because some quiet, good player plays there?

It could be a good investment just because he is more likely than average to win something huge, but in general, I don't think hes going to bring any new players to FTP or generate them a ton more rake from games forming around him.

FieryJustice 11-06-2007 11:12 AM

I hae been sitting at super random games, like .25/.5 nl, 1/2 limit and 3/6 horse just to see if a game will form and every game has filled in like 2 minutes. Scott is very similar to myself, in that he has no desire to get up and act like a total idiot on tv. I guess we would rather our results speak for ourselves. I hope many of the other poker players similar to myself get these deals, as I feel like we desreve them quite a bit more than the randoms that get on tv and yell a lot. Id like to thank everyone for the support. It means a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jazzy3113 11-06-2007 11:21 AM

Why dont you [censored] [censored] marry j. little then, jesus. What a bunch of gay responses.

ps. gl mr. little

augie_ 11-06-2007 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The question is - who is not FTP/Stars pro these days?
Every donkament one hit wonder is signed by them.Don't even have to win it, just to be a loud mouth chip leader at some point....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Jon Little, the 1 hit wonder...

AJackson 11-06-2007 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jon Little is exactly the kind of person and player you'd want representing your site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Black winter day 11-06-2007 12:26 PM

To clarify - i never said Little and Clemens are loud mouth one hit wonders (i never met them, saw Little only once at PCA FT), was merely talking about the general direction this "pro signing" is taking.

Like Stars signing Minieri, Khan, Rahme etc...And FTP is basically snatching anyone who isn't still signed by others and got some tv time...