Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   what scandal was Paradise Poker involved in "that they didn't recover" (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537297)

jafeather 11-03-2007 07:18 PM

Re: what scandal was Paradise Poker involved in \"that they didn\'t reco

I miss Paradise.

JoeSchmo 11-03-2007 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quite possible that they were growing, I was just going by my memory which definately could be off [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they were growing in terms of raw numbers but not in terms of market share. After the Moneymaker boom, other sites took off while Paradise did not.

RikaKazak 11-03-2007 07:37 PM

Re: what scandal was Paradise Poker involved in \"that they didn\'t recover\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Paradise's only crime was their arrogance. To go from #1 to nowhere like they did is astonishing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true.

[/ QUOTE ]
almost beyond belief how true this is

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes MAD skill to drop/plummet like they did. Ap is trying to do it, and they can't even do it as well as paradise did [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I keed I keed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Losing all 11-03-2007 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I kind of enjoyed ordering a drink feature at paradise. I remember going to my office back in 2000 very tired from late night sessions on paradise. People thought I was crazy for depositing money into a poker site lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was awesome. I usually enjoyed a slice of cake at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh cmon, always a hotdog

hime 11-03-2007 09:08 PM

The saddest part is, back in the days of bonus-whoring, even though Paradise's software sucked, whoring low limit O8 there was just that - paradise. I miss taking down those flaming pots afrter someone called me down with Ace high.

galmost 11-03-2007 09:39 PM

Oh yeah. I loved how you could order a coffee, and then stack your opponent and he'll poff into smoke and the cards will lite on fire or glow.

Oh yeah, the good ol days.

checktowin 11-03-2007 09:56 PM

yeah, that was cool

Henry17 11-04-2007 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The saddest part is, back in the days of bonus-whoring, even though Paradise's software sucked, whoring low limit O8 there was just that - paradise. I miss taking down those flaming pots afrter someone called me down with Ace high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never bonus whored but I do remember getting an e-mail from Paradise. They had basically given me a $5k no deposit bonus. Still didn't bother but for someone who bonus whores it seemed like a pretty good deal.

ran 11-04-2007 06:31 PM

It was well known that if you ordered STRawberries you would get more STRaights.

galmost 11-04-2007 10:33 PM

Could someone estimate how much paradise was worth when they were #1