Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Double Barrel Float (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537021)

crunchi 11-02-2007 07:06 PM

Re: Double Barrel Float

Hmmm most people dont seem to like the flop call. So i assume that they prefer a raise instead. Why is this? I cant figure out why a raise would be better.

AZplaya 11-02-2007 07:25 PM

nice post terp

shpanko 11-02-2007 07:29 PM

I bet $101, that should fold out his Ax hands, I'm not sure he folds two pair but he most likely doesn't fold sets (even though they're very similar here). I think the flop float is fine though I prefer just raising the flop.

goofyballer 11-02-2007 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've never tried floating this type of opponent on this board + this turn, but arguments that betting this or that turn is "bad" are fairly dumb.

most of us can agree that raising preflop with small connectors and such is -ev as measured in sklansky bucks, but we counter that by having a balanced range and by applying aggression on future streets. the basic gist of that idea: errors on one street are recoverable on later streets. that the bet sizing grows substantially on later streets partly aids this.

here, we bet turn because it will often succeed (i imagine) and if not, we maintain the possibility of running a river bluff (which we need to assume will be at least partially +ev AND commit to doing it nonzero% if we decide the turn bluff is even slightly -ev).

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you comment on why saying "betting this or that turn is bad"? Sure we have to commit to floating sometimes, but then sometimes the board comes out in such a manner that it's decidedly -EV to do so. It seems like here we're trying to fold out...like, KQ with no club, and QQ/JJ no club. A lot of his range is calling the turn I think, and that's a fine reason to say "ok, it was a good idea but now the board is a little too coordinated to make him try to fold."

Also, if the turn bluff is -ev, we don't have to bet the river because that could still be -ev. Unless you meant "if the play as a whole is going to be +ev but the turn bet is -ev, then we have to bet the river", in which case duh. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

On this river some of his turn peel range will def fold (anything with a high club that he peeled once but doesn't want to face a ton of heat with) but some of his turn peel range already has us owned and isn't going to fold at all (QJ, any two pair or set) so [censored] if I know what to do.

pdoran10 11-02-2007 08:02 PM

Sorry to be blunt and brief, but this is not the board or the correct villain to try this against.

Turn card is one of the few that you could have picked up that might give a turn net/then river shove Fold equity, so once turn comes, if you shove the river, this isn't horrible, but floating a villain who likes to call is really bad on this board texture

Redgrape 11-02-2007 10:11 PM

good points in the thread but verse you i may very well fold top set here lol.

jk3a 11-02-2007 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good points in the thread but verse you i may very well fold top set here lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i bet 80 he snapcalled AK

Ajahn 11-02-2007 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, i bet 80 [..]

[/ QUOTE ]

blood everywhere

wslee00 11-03-2007 12:28 AM

i still stand by the logic that if you call that flop and bet the turn, you better bet the river

but you really should just be folding the flop.

Isura 11-03-2007 12:33 AM

Turn bet is okay. 18/10 guys like to open broadways ime and so he has KQ/AQ-AJ a lot, and he's only beating a bluff on the river so I like a bet here as well