Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NL200 flop set oop after 3-bet preflop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536419)

boston 11-02-2007 12:05 PM

Re: NL200 flop set oop after 3-bet preflop

Im felting this 99% of the time, its a RR pot and villian is <100bb deep, pretty easy push

1% being if its a reg. that only RR QQ, KK, AA pre flop

Mr_Donktastic 11-02-2007 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<u>This is not an instant call.</u>

You have to give an unknown credit for a big hand with a re-raise pre in full-ring. (AA/KK/AK min)

Obviously you can rule out KK given the flop action.

You'd expect AK to just put in a decent size bet on the flop rather than the [equivalent of a] check/raise.

What would your first guess be at which hand gets played like this most frequently? That is, an initial lack of interest on an Ace-high flop followed by a desire to commit his whole stack. (Usually a flop check and large turn bet/raise.) I doubt many would answer anything other than AA.

It is not OK to just call (expecting to see AA) and put it down as a cooler. How is it a cooler!? A cooler is a hand where you've no chance of getting away from it. All the clues are there in this example if you put a bit of thought into it.

I could often find a fold here, and save [make] money long-term because of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

????????????????

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

14,850 games 0.094 secs 157,978 games/sec

Board: 7h Qs Ah
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 50.768% 50.77% 00.00% 7539 0.00 { 7c7d }
Hand 1: 49.232% 49.23% 00.00% 7311 0.00 { AA, QQ, AQs, AQo }

His lame $2 bet could also be indicative of a FD but w/e, it doesn't even matter, call.

Smart Money 11-02-2007 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You have to give an unknown credit for a big hand with a re-raise pre in full-ring. (AA/KK/AK min)

You'd expect AK to just put in a decent size bet on the flop rather than the [equivalent of a] check/raise.

What would your first guess be at which hand gets played like this most frequently? That is, an initial lack of interest on an Ace-high flop followed by a desire to commit his whole stack. (Usually a flop check and large turn bet/raise.) I doubt many would answer anything other than AA.

It is not OK to just call (expecting to see AA) and put it down as a cooler. How is it a cooler!? A cooler is a hand where you've no chance of getting away from it. All the clues are there in this example if you put a bit of thought into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

????????????????

Dead:

His lame $2 bet could also be indicative of a FD but w/e, it doesn't even matter, call.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much equity do you have if you weight the likelihood of AA/QQ/AQs/AQo in a 60/10/6/24 ratio?

Mr_Donktastic 11-02-2007 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

????????????????

Dead:

[/ QUOTE ]

How much equity do you have if you weight the likelihood of AA/QQ/AQs/AQo in a 60/10/6/24 ratio?

[/ QUOTE ]

tbh idk - that ratio does not apply to me.

i used to play 15/10 and now play ~22/17. if i recall correctly you play closer to 18/6 so people are going to play against us much differently.

Smart Money 11-02-2007 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

????????????????

Dead:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tbh idk - that ratio does not apply to me.

i used to play 15/10 and now play ~22/17. if i recall correctly you play closer to 18/6 so people are going to play against us much differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few will, but most won't- and if villain is unknown to you then it's most likely that you are unknown to them.

Besides, I was just emphasizing that you can't assume those 4 possible holdings are equally as likely.