Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   TT UTG squeezed (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535546)

SABR42 10-31-2007 08:23 PM

Re: TT UTG squeezed

[ QUOTE ]
why not? i actually agree with him here, you are playing for set value.

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, even if you ARE playing for set-value, you cannot call with all pocket pairs. If you call 22+, then villain can just auto-cbet and double barrel the turn because we won't hit often enough. However, if you narrow your range and only call with say, 99+, now villain cannot be so sure that you never have anything... So just for the sake of balancing your range, TT is different from 22.

Secondly, TT has good showdown value. Villain will often have a lower pair than TT, or A-x where x is lower than T. You won't get bluffed out as much as you think.

manupod 10-31-2007 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, even if you ARE playing for set-value, you cannot call with all pocket pairs. If you call 22+, then villain can just auto-cbet and double barrel the turn because we won't hit often enough. However, if you narrow your range and only call with say, 99+, now villain cannot be so sure that you never have anything... So just for the sake of balancing your range, TT is different from 22.

Secondly, TT has good showdown value. Villain will often have a lower pair than TT, or A-x where x is lower than T. You won't get bluffed out as much as you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either you're playing for set value (where 22=TT) or you're not (you think TT is ahead/flipping) in which case you should be shove pf or all low flops. Problem with that is you run into JJ+ too often when TT is an overpair. As 22 is never an overpair the flop, I'm not as inclined to do something stupid with it (like shovesky)

Speedlimits 10-31-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prob easier to just fold- if we think we're ahead, get in in PF, and if not, TT may as well be 22 here and that's a fold. Although I think it's close. But with 22 I'm sure I can fold the flop a lot easier than I can with TT (on say a 963 flop) so to avoid [censored] spots where I talk myself into a losing call, I'd ditch it pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol@ TT = 22

manupod 10-31-2007 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Prob easier to just fold- if we think we're ahead, get in in PF, and if not, TT may as well be 22 here and that's a fold. Although I think it's close. But with 22 I'm sure I can fold the flop a lot easier than I can with TT (on say a 963 flop) so to avoid [censored] spots where I talk myself into a losing call, I'd ditch it pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol@ TT = 22

[/ QUOTE ]

teach me then. Are you really looking to shove low flops here when he cbets and TT is an overpair? That's a great way to lose your stack. If you're going to float his cbet, TT may as well be xx, which, of course, could be 22.

Speedlimits 10-31-2007 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either you're playing for set value (where 22=TT) or you're not (you think TT is ahead/flipping) in which case you should be shove pf or all low flops. Problem with that is you run into JJ+ too often when TT is an overpair. As 22 is never an overpair the flop, I'm not as inclined to do something stupid with it (like shovesky)

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf this logic is bad. TT is WAY different from 22 in that our showdown is so much better with TT. If we don't flop a set with 22 we are fcked, if we don't flop a set with TT we can c/c most flops and re-evaluate turns.

wtf

ikestoys 10-31-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol@ TT = 22

[/ QUOTE ]

teach me then. Are you really looking to shove low flops here when he cbets and TT is an overpair? That's a great way to lose your stack. If you're going to float his cbet, TT may as well be xx, which, of course, could be 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for 1010 beats sc, AK, AQ and 88-99. Theres nothing wrong with pealing a flop here.

gimmetheloot 10-31-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and when he bets 30 on every god damn flop you?

[/ QUOTE ]

you bone him? srsly, this is very exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

boning him would be quite nice. Are you saying just turn my hand into a bluff and shove most flops?

manupod 10-31-2007 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf this logic is bad. TT is WAY different from 22 in that our showdown is so much better with TT. If we don't flop a set with 22 we are fcked, if we don't flop a set with TT we can c/c most flops and re-evaluate turns.

wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

we have position so we're not c/c anything. but all I'm saying with the 22=TT analogy is that we still behind all his big pairs, and with TT I'm going to be tempted to invest too much post flop money when I'm drawing very thin. Any flop without a T is going to be tough to continue unless we're prepared to stack off on a low flop here w/ TT, which I'm generally not prepared to do.

And our showdown is much better with TT? I don't think we're winning at showdown with TT if we're losing with 22, assuming we get there (because I don't think villain is going to have 66 or 78 and hit a 7 or something often enough)

manupod 10-31-2007 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Except for 1010 beats sc, AK, AQ and 88-99. Theres nothing wrong with pealing a flop here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Peeling flops in rr pots is spewcity, no?

ikestoys 10-31-2007 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and when he bets 30 on every god damn flop you?

[/ QUOTE ]

you bone him? srsly, this is very exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

boning him would be quite nice. Are you saying just turn my hand into a bluff and shove most flops?

[/ QUOTE ]
no... you call and give him rope. I don't see whats so complicated here.