Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 NFL half-season awards (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534293)

d10 10-30-2007 03:43 AM

Re: 2007 NFL half-season awards

[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping you guys would give your own awards instead of just picking one line from my post to bash...

[/ QUOTE ]

If my list differed significantly from yours I would do this but I think it's pretty good for the most part. I'll just make a case for Sean Taylor again. He's way improved from the last couple years, the same athletic ability but much more disciplined this year, and it's made a huge difference.

I'll also make a case for London Fletcher at ILB. Last year the Redskins defense was terrible (31st in YPG, 32nd in YPP, 27th in PPG, 32nd in turnovers), and that was with a much better offense to help them out. He's been the biggest upgrade this year and I think the only reason that defense isn't in the bottom half of the NFL again. He's all over the field involved in almost every play, run or pass. 67 tackles, 7 PDs, 2 INTs and a fumble recovery through 7 games.

Vyse 10-30-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's been the biggest upgrade this year

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a poor reason to argue for someone. DUCY?

battschr 10-30-2007 06:36 PM

Sanders might be the best choice for DPOY, I don't know. But every time I see Tennessee play, Haynesworth is just freaking dominant.

Pudge714 10-30-2007 06:42 PM

Rbs are something like this
Brown > Westbrook > Peterson > Barber > Addai > Tomlinson
Projecting for the rest of the season it is probably
Tomlinson > Westbrook > Barber > Peterson > Addai > Brown
Not positive for Tomlinson on the last one and I could be overrating him. Regardless he is prob better than AP and Addai

Fonkey123 10-30-2007 06:45 PM

Derek Anderson needs to win something :-P

edit Waiver Wire Wonder Award ftw

vixticator 10-30-2007 09:13 PM

Offensive line getting a lot of love here imo.

Billy Bibbit 10-30-2007 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that I don't appreciate the importance of offensive line play, I just don't consider myself qualified to judge who the best guys are, and I really hate when people spout off on things they don't know about so I don't do it. I can tell which teams have the best O-lines but sometimes it's hard to single out different players on the same line.

kyro 10-30-2007 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that I don't appreciate the importance of offensive line play, I just don't consider myself qualified to judge who the best guys are, and I really hate when people spout off on things they don't know about so I don't do it. I can tell which teams have the best O-lines but sometimes it's hard to single out different players on the same line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pats O-Line. All of them. I feel like Brady gets an average of 30 seconds to find an open receiver.

MacGuyV 10-30-2007 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I respect that attitude. It kills me when people pretend to pay attention to individual OLmen.

Nice list - I'd definitely go w/ Addai over Barber.

mogwai316 10-30-2007 09:41 PM

Mentioned already: Westbrook, Taylor

Here's a few that haven't been mentioned that I think deserve strong consideration:
Osi Umenyiora
Jason Witten
Nick Barnett
Trent Cole
Barrett Ruud