Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   iPod Stolen by Cleaning Crew - My Play? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534027)

pirateboy 10-29-2007 06:48 PM

Re: iPod Stolen by Cleaning Crew - My Play?

Oh, and I have a wide range of music on there - from Minus the Bear to Andrew Bird to Timbaland to Lil Wayne.

Klompy 10-29-2007 06:50 PM

There's simply no way that they'd be dumb enough to use the ipod in front of the person who they stole it from while you're working late after it was stolen. I understand you're pissed, but you have no proof who stole it and you're looking at like a 99% that staying late tonight does nothing for you. For all you know the person that stole it isn't even part of the cleaning crew.

XXXNoahXXX 10-29-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This weekend I realized I couldn't find my new iPod that I got as a gift. I tore my apartment to shreds looking for it, as well as my car - nothing. At work, I have a little speaker set that I hook the iPod up to, so it being at work is a very very likely option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please be sure to update this thread when you find your ipod in the pocket of your coat hanging in the closet or your gym bag, etc.

pirateboy 10-29-2007 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's simply no way that they'd be dumb enough to use the ipod in front of the person who they stole it from while you're working late after it was stolen. I understand you're pissed, but you have no proof who stole it and you're looking at like a 99% that staying late tonight does nothing for you. For all you know the person that stole it isn't even part of the cleaning crew.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do their cleaning at like 1am, and yes, I'm more than willing to come for 1/2 an hour to check it out.

We have a very small office, and I'm certain no worker stole it.

pirateboy 10-29-2007 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This weekend I realized I couldn't find my new iPod that I got as a gift. I tore my apartment to shreds looking for it, as well as my car - nothing. At work, I have a little speaker set that I hook the iPod up to, so it being at work is a very very likely option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please be sure to update this thread when you find your ipod in the pocket of your coat hanging in the closet or your gym bag, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is going to happen. :/

NT! 10-29-2007 07:48 PM

this thread is also an example of why you should always be cool with whoever does the crappiest job where you work. if you had a good buddy who was a janitor you could totally find out who did this and skull [censored] him

bronx bomber 10-29-2007 07:51 PM

Dude, its the cleaning crew-drop a cleveland steamer in the middle of your office and rub it all over the floor. Leave a note that this process will be repeated until said Ipod is returned. Case closed.

BrookTrout 10-29-2007 08:02 PM

Assuming you have a computer at your desk at work, wouldn't it be more effective (and a better use of your time) to setup a webcam on your work PC and home PC, have the two of them connect to eachother (I'd suggest AIM for a free solution) and leave some bait within view of the work cam? Least then you can keep an eye on it in another window - and record it for legal/blackmail purposes.

Here's my suggestion for a webcam:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826105033

Of course, there's always a chance they could steal the camera... (oh the irony!)

WhiteKnight 10-29-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, its the cleaning crew-drop a cleveland steamer in the middle of your office and rub it all over the floor. Leave a note that this process will be repeated until said Ipod is returned. Case closed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice hand sir, this is an expert play. You better be DAMNED sure it was the cleaning crew tho...

kiddynamite 10-29-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
full-proof

[/ QUOTE ]

or did you mean fool-proof?

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe you should start a pole

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir