Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   [100nl] AA facing huge flop raise, shove or fold? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533695)

ActionStan 10-29-2007 11:40 AM

Re: [100nl] AA facing huge flop raise, shove or fold?

Yeah, against me you should be getting the money in. I would then curse you and fold or show up with a set. I'd play both the same.

And against someone who is going to raise you in position, you would be much more likely to commit with an overpair in this position. Once you extend the villains range beyond sets, it's going to be right to just ship it in in a lot of cases.

jetsetboy 10-29-2007 11:52 AM

CalledDownLight, the more I think about this hand the more I think a push >>> $60 raise. A $60 raise with $40 left give him good odds and implied odds to call with a FD or a combo draw and can let us facing a very though decision on a non blank turn (diamond or 9/6). Some turns (9/8/7 diamond) might kill the action when we are against another overpair. A push will deny his positional advantage. Furthermore I want to be able to push with any kind of combo draw (including NFD+overs) here so I need to push with KK+/a set. QQ is a though decision I think. JJ/TT would be a fold or a call and a c/f against most of the vilain.

A_C_Slater 10-29-2007 11:54 AM

I just realized the title says 'facing huge flop raise' when it's not even 3x.

CalledDownLight 10-29-2007 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CalledDownLight, the more I think about this hand the more I think a push >>> $60 raise. A $60 raise with $40 left give him good odds and implied odds to call with a FD or a combo draw and can let us facing a very though decision on a non blank turn (diamond or 9/6). Some turns (9/8/7 diamond) might kill the action when we are against another overpair. A push will deny his positional advantage. Furthermore I want to be able to push with any kind of combo draw (including NFD+overs) here so I need to push with KK+/a set. QQ is a though decision I think. JJ/TT would be a fold or a call and a c/f against most of the vilain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I make it $60 with straights and sets here too so I guess thats where I'm coming from. If he calls then I'm shoving all turns. If he calls and then folds any turn then he's just burning money.

jetsetboy 10-29-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I make it $60 with straights and sets here too so I guess thats where I'm coming from. If he calls then I'm shoving all turns. If he calls and then folds any turn then he's just burning money.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as we bet the exact same amount with AA and sets/FD/straights I think it's fine. We just have to be consistent.

Effen 10-29-2007 01:21 PM

I'd like to pop it up to $55.