Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   nl 100, AKs, do I go broke? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533588)

lag0n 10-29-2007 01:02 PM

Re: nl 100, AKs, do I go broke?

c/c, don't fold

scallop 10-29-2007 01:08 PM

FFS. Why would u c/c? Enjoy playing for stacks on the J/Q turn? What exactly r u scared of here? His set?

billybeartku 10-29-2007 01:32 PM

so I c/c this flop, and..

Turn: ($65.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $37</font>, Hero ??

cheer 10-29-2007 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is why C/R is correct on flop, trying not to be results oriented but, this is exactly why you push the action on the flop. now it is almost a fold

Bubsy27 10-29-2007 03:25 PM

Villain's got AQ,AT,QQ,AA,KK or TT. The number of combos of KK or AA are halved since we have AK. If we rr we might get called by AT, AQ that we are ahead of, if we call are unlikey to get any more money from hands that we are ahead of that we otherwise would not. Calling also a hand containing a jack or a queen outs and I think if we call we are going to end up getting are chips in anyway unless possibly villain gets away from QQ. Therefore I think we should try get our chips in now to protect our hand when we are probably ahead.

XHitman014 10-29-2007 04:35 PM

So if we C/R the flop we get QQ/JJ to fold and AQ/AT to call. Since a c/r pot commits us, we're still going broke against AA/KK/TT

If we c/c with the intention of getting the money in on the turn, we give all the hands we beat, the opportunity to essentially turn ther hands to bluff or make mistakes, etc.

Yeah, we give the villian the chance to draw to 6 outs assuming he has QQ/JJ/AQ/AJ but there are about 38 good cards for us. Protecting your hand isn't always the most optimal line.

Once the Qh comes on the turn, this hand is an easy c/f...if he has AQ/KQ more power to him since the average player doesn't 3bet those hands against an UTG raise and we have no reads.

illuminati 10-29-2007 04:57 PM

Call flop. Anything else is poor (especially CRing)

Zaid_Ahmed 10-29-2007 05:11 PM

check/call flop. crai any non q/j turn.

deankeaton7 10-29-2007 05:11 PM

why, bc four cards in the deck could be bad for us? I havent seen anyone give a typical 3 betting range for a .5 -$1 NL player yet.

I guess we lose to everything except AQ and AT, so I think this is a fold as well. If this guy can double barrel mid PP's on that board, gg.

Actually, its 8 cards, but that changes nothing.

Zaid_Ahmed 10-29-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is why C/R is correct on flop, trying not to be results oriented but, this is exactly why you push the action on the flop. now it is almost a fold

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so wrong. Q or J is the only scare cards assuming we think we're good and we should think we're good. So c/c flop is good and c/r non q or j turns is good. we're trying to maximise value, not c/r the flop when we only fold out MOST hands we beat and get hands that have us beat/tie with us to call. sucks turn is a Q. and now fold. simple.