Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   jokes you've made IRL that flopped (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531108)

scpi10 10-25-2007 02:39 PM

Re: jokes you\'ve made IRL that flopped

[ QUOTE ]
For a lifelong class clown like myself, I am not sure I can even grasp how many of my jokes have bombed.

I do stand up, and some of it is intentionally very corny and I like to tell it at drunken parties. Usually the following joke gets a few laughs, but in a class of mine the other day where upon hearing I am a jokester it was requested I make a joke, it got nothing:

"When I was a kid I went out to Missouri, visiting my great grandparents. When I was there I saw a caterpillar museum, which seemed really crazy to me. I actually liked it a lot though, and I tried to go back a few years later, but it had turned into a butterfly museum."

Class of about 20 mostly just looked away, and one said "you seriously do stand up?"

[/ QUOTE ]
this one not so much

Sponger. 10-25-2007 02:45 PM

Pretty much anything I find funny enough in the poker world to tell my friends, who are relatively clueless about poker and yet are interested in a dumb sort of way so I still think I might be able to interest them, but I then realize they never get it.

aladare 10-25-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The next class she put a picture of the ultrasound on the projector and my friend blurted out "That baby looks nothing like me." HI-larious, but very little laughter.

[/ QUOTE ]
that is so f-ing funny! I told my freshman daughter and she laughed hard too. Classic.

Constable 10-25-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For a lifelong class clown like myself, I am not sure I can even grasp how many of my jokes have bombed.

I do stand up, and some of it is intentionally very corny and I like to tell it at drunken parties. Usually the following joke gets a few laughs, but in a class of mine the other day where upon hearing I am a jokester it was requested I make a joke, it got nothing:

"When I was a kid I went out to Missouri, visiting my great grandparents. When I was there I saw a caterpillar museum, which seemed really crazy to me. I actually liked it a lot though, and I tried to go back a few years later, but it had turned into a butterfly museum."

Class of about 20 mostly just looked away, and one said "you seriously do stand up?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you find that joke digging through Mitch Hedberg's trash?

otnemem 10-25-2007 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Please tell me your real name so I never accidentally see you warming up for a real comic. There's no excuse for how horrifyingly bad this joke is.

Yeti 10-25-2007 02:54 PM

wtf are you talking about, it sounds just like something mitch would say. obviously a lot would rest on the delivery.

doucy 10-25-2007 02:54 PM

I was in a mixed group of guys and girls, maybe 8 people total. We were talking about good movies, and one of my guy friends said "if you have a penis, you like Gladiator."

I responded, "yeah, and I like it A LOT."

Crickets.

otnemem 10-25-2007 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf are you talking about, it sounds just like something mitch would say. obviously a lot would rest on the delivery.

[/ QUOTE ]
I suppose relying on a gimmick is a good thing.

Matt Williams 10-25-2007 03:01 PM

I made a joke in the sports forum last year that got deleted within 20 mins.
A few days after Corey Lidle's plane crashed into that building in NYC, A-Rod was in an airplane that had some landing problems and that plane almost crashed too. I made a post saying, "Way to go A-Rod. Even Lidle was able to ante up when it counted.".

Constable 10-25-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, exactly. It's like a Mitch Hedberg joke, but not funny.