Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Let Me Introduce You To... HEAVEN (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530781)

TiK 10-25-2007 11:51 AM

Re: Let Me Introduce You To... HEAVEN

Hm. I never thought to mix beer and ice cream, but a chocolate stout and ice cream does sound curiously good. I'm going to have to try this in the future.

daryn 10-25-2007 12:41 PM

yeah i was like... wtf? enormity? seems good..

bobhalford 10-25-2007 12:55 PM

I suppose I haven't yet recognized the subtlety with which enormity is actually used, my bad. That said, I doubt that less than 99% of people using this word are aware that it's primarily used to mean "the quality or state of being immoderate, monstrous, etc."

daryn 10-25-2007 01:02 PM

hah.. what?? everyone on earth knows it means monstrous

Badger 10-25-2007 02:29 PM

My understanding of Lindeman's Framboise is that it is more akin to raspberry soda than beer. I'll make a point to try some though.

I also understand that referring to a drink repeatedly as pure PURE HEAVEN is kind of an embarrassing thing for a man to do.

That being said, I've had beer floats before and they are a lot better than people expect them to be. Even if you try something simple like vanilla ice cream and Miller Lite it's not revolting like it sounds, it's actually alright.

neuroman 10-25-2007 04:02 PM

Framboise is good but I am more interested in your cheesecake after drinking too much last night. Where can I get some?

StevieG 10-25-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My understanding of Lindeman's Framboise is that it is more akin to raspberry soda than beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

In some ways that's true, but I find Sam Adams Cherry Wheat (to give an example) to be much more guilty of that than Lindeman.

The Kriek and Peach definitely have more sourness and acidity that make it quite different from a fruity soft drink.

IggyWH 10-25-2007 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Framboise is good but I am more interested in your cheesecake after drinking too much last night. Where can I get some?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was store bought at Ralphs... even though I got a Cheesecake Factory not even 1/4th a mile away from my house. It was probably the worst cheesecake I've ever had.

IggyWH 10-25-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My understanding of Lindeman's Framboise is that it is more akin to raspberry soda than beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

In some ways that's true, but I find Sam Adams Cherry Wheat (to give an example) to be much more guilty of that than Lindeman.

The Kriek and Peach definitely have more sourness and acidity that make it quite different from a fruity soft drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've also had the Kriek before but not the others, so I hittup BevMor and bought a bottle of Pomme (apple), Cassis (black currants), Kriek (cherry) and Pêche (peach) to try out.

nath 10-25-2007 07:39 PM

yeah Lindeman's Framboise is really good. if it's too much sweetness for you, a good alternative is to get half framboise and half Belgian white.