Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Beat: ex landlord took some of my mobnies... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530286)

Wyman 10-24-2007 02:57 PM

Re: Beat: ex landlord took some of my mobnies...

OP, You're not near SF are you? I had a friend at Berkeley who took his landlords to court, won something like a $5k judgement. If you want his contact (re: how to get your stuff together before actually going to court), PM me.

PITTM 10-24-2007 02:58 PM

The apartment was in San Jose. I don't think we will actually be going to court, but if we do I will keep your friend in mind.

prodonkey 10-24-2007 03:19 PM

have sex with his wife

bravos1 10-24-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The apartment was in San Jose. I don't think we will actually be going to court, but if we do I will keep your friend in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk to the property manager first. See if you can get his walkthrough report in writing (which you should already have). Take that, your receipt from Longs (if you have it), along w/ your copy of the original walkthough and send it to the landlord requesting your $$ back.

PITTM 10-24-2007 04:26 PM

def dont have the receipt for shampooer thing.

neuroman 10-24-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whenever you do a walkthrough, get it in writing that the full deposit will be refunded, or, if not, get in writing what needs to be done and why.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good advice which I will be following in a couple months when I move out.

Wyman 10-24-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
def dont have the receipt for shampooer thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they probably have a record of you renting it.

NT! 10-24-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whenever you do a walkthrough, get it in writing that the full deposit will be refunded, or, if not, get in writing what needs to be done and why.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i never actually do this because (strangely) i have always had pretty cool landlords. but it's the first thing my dad told me when i moved out of my first place (which i trashed anyway so i didn't even bother arguing).

neuroman 10-25-2007 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i never actually do this because (strangely) i have always had pretty cool landlords. but it's the first thing my dad told me when i moved out of my first place (which i trashed anyway so i didn't even bother arguing).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, right now I'm renting a nice, furnished condo with a $2000 deposit. There's not going to be any damage to the place when we're done with it, but I sure don't want to do a walkthrough and then get shorted a few hundred bucks for a [censored] reason.

grando 10-25-2007 03:38 PM

when my ex landlord pissed me off (when I was still in the building) we ran the hot water in the bathtub for 6 days straight

it burned a rust hole in the tub hahah

I wonder what that cost him