Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Is it normal to lose with AA this much at Stars? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529166)

Xibalba 10-23-2007 08:16 AM

Re: Is it normal to lose with AA this much at Stars?

"To tell you the truth AA all in against any pocket pair is a little over a coin flip."

These threads never disappoint.

KhalynYohrk 10-23-2007 08:26 AM

Only way to play AA is shove preflop, imo

2hi4me2cu 10-23-2007 08:36 AM

i go through stints of losing consecutivly with aces no matter how i play them.

Most times ive consecutivly lost with aces = 6 in a row

Most times recently = 5 times in a row last week (fastplay only too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

GSykes 10-23-2007 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"To tell you the truth AA all in against any pocket pair is a little over a coin flip."

These threads never disappoint.

[/ QUOTE ]

you either win or you dont 50/50 imo.

ssnyc 10-23-2007 08:44 AM

you won two right? seems pretty standard to me

Rob121 10-23-2007 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AA gets killed alot on jokerstars, in fact all the big pairs get taken down like half the time by someone calling with a smaller pair making a set. Ive lost AA like 7 of my last 10 times ive had it. Lost AA to 44 all in 3 straight times...lost AA to QQ, I made a set and he gutshot a straigh on the river. Last night I got AA in first position and hoped someone would raise but no one did. The flop came T34, I just bet a little guy called etc....he flipped over TT,had made a set on the flop on me. To tell you the truth AA all in against any pocket pair is a little over a coin flip. I kept track of 88 times I had AA all in against only 22-kk and I won 47 times, thats 54%, I could have kept track of 880 and it would have been similar results. Oh yeah my last time I had AA it was like 3 hands into a MTT blinds were 20 I raised to 180 and one guy called....flop came QJK and I knew I was screwed but I pushed all in hoping the guy was on a draw and would give up but he clown turned over J2 and rivered the 9 to knock me out.
Ive got a theory on why the ambush AA so much and KK and QQ. How much money do you think they make in a 24 hour day by popping big pairs in cash games. You know you have 145.00 in a cash game and get AA, you raise up 25.00 and get called by 88 flop comes J83 and you lose all your chips and jokerstars picks up 3 or 4 bucks or whatever extra rake now do that times two or three or four thousand times a day 365 days a year and thats alot of motivation but I feel your pain. Its statistically impossible for the best hand to lose as often as it does all in preflop, there is obviously some nefarious going on at stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

LuckyLloyd 10-23-2007 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AA gets killed alot on jokerstars, in fact all the big pairs get taken down like half the time by someone calling with a smaller pair making a set. Ive lost AA like 7 of my last 10 times ive had it. Lost AA to 44 all in 3 straight times...lost AA to QQ, I made a set and he gutshot a straigh on the river. Last night I got AA in first position and hoped someone would raise but no one did. The flop came T34, I just bet a little guy called etc....he flipped over TT,had made a set on the flop on me. To tell you the truth AA all in against any pocket pair is a little over a coin flip. I kept track of 88 times I had AA all in against only 22-kk and I won 47 times, thats 54%, I could have kept track of 880 and it would have been similar results. Oh yeah my last time I had AA it was like 3 hands into a MTT blinds were 20 I raised to 180 and one guy called....flop came QJK and I knew I was screwed but I <u>pushed all in hoping the guy was on a draw and would give up</u> but he clown turned over J2 and rivered the 9 to knock me out.
Ive got a theory on why the ambush AA so much and KK and QQ. How much money do you think they make in a 24 hour day by popping big pairs in cash games. You know you have 145.00 in a cash game and get AA, you raise up 25.00 and get called by 88 flop comes J83 and you lose all your chips and jokerstars picks up 3 or 4 bucks or whatever extra rake now do that times two or three or four thousand times a day 365 days a year and thats alot of motivation but I feel your pain. Its statistically impossible for the best hand to lose as often as it does all in preflop, there is obviously some nefarious going on at stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. I love these guys.

LOL_MODS 10-23-2007 09:11 AM

whats this AA everyone keeps talking about, and who do i have to blow to win with it.

biggest pots of my life have been lost with that bastard AA.

diagf AA

LOL_MODS 10-23-2007 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AA gets killed alot on jokerstars, in fact all the big pairs get taken down like half the time by someone calling with a smaller pair making a set. Ive lost AA like 7 of my last 10 times ive had it. Lost AA to 44 all in 3 straight times...lost AA to QQ, I made a set and he gutshot a straigh on the river. Last night I got AA in first position and hoped someone would raise but no one did. The flop came T34, I just bet a little guy called etc....he flipped over TT,had made a set on the flop on me. To tell you the truth AA all in against any pocket pair is a little over a coin flip. I kept track of 88 times I had AA all in against only 22-kk and I won 47 times, thats 54%, I could have kept track of 880 and it would have been similar results. Oh yeah my last time I had AA it was like 3 hands into a MTT blinds were 20 I raised to 180 and one guy called....flop came QJK and I knew I was screwed but I pushed all in hoping the guy was on a draw and would give up but he clown turned over J2 and rivered the 9 to knock me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

www.level_or_not.com

Daddy Warbucks 10-23-2007 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AA gets killed alot on jokerstars, in fact all the big pairs get taken down like half the time by someone calling with a smaller pair making a set. Ive lost AA like 7 of my last 10 times ive had it. Lost AA to 44 all in 3 straight times...lost AA to QQ, I made a set and he gutshot a straigh on the river. Last night I got AA in first position and hoped someone would raise but no one did. The flop came T34, I just bet a little guy called etc....he flipped over TT,had made a set on the flop on me. To tell you the truth AA all in against any pocket pair is a little over a coin flip. I kept track of 88 times I had AA all in against only 22-kk and I won 47 times, thats 54%, I could have kept track of 880 and it would have been similar results. Oh yeah my last time I had AA it was like 3 hands into a MTT blinds were 20 I raised to 180 and one guy called....flop came QJK and I knew I was screwed but I <u>pushed all in hoping the guy was on a draw and would give up</u> but he clown turned over J2 and rivered the 9 to knock me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. I love these guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you not bold the rest of that sentence???