Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   AQ SB Playalong (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529002)

James. 10-23-2007 02:51 PM

Re: And so we continue...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you know how sometimes something can seem right the night before, and the next day you wake up and wonder why the hell you did it?

[/ QUOTE ]
My life since college has been based on this principle.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. well, i guess i'm going to post the rest of the turn action and river decision.

James. 10-23-2007 02:54 PM

okay so i raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the SB, they all call.

Flop(6sb): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

it's on me, i bet, they both call.

Turn(4.5bb): Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

it's on me again. i obv. bet obv. BB folds, button calls.

River(6.5bb): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i...

threeducks 10-23-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you know how sometimes something can seem right the night before, and the next day you wake up and wonder why the hell you did it?

[/ QUOTE ]
My life <font color="red">...</font> has been based on this principle.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree

One Outer 10-23-2007 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
okay so i raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the SB, they all call.

Flop(6sb): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

it's on me, i bet, they both call.

Turn(4.5bb): Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

it's on me again. i obv. bet obv. BB folds, button calls.

River(6.5bb): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i...

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/call, because the only other option is bet/fold. I'd rather show down if it's going to cost me the same.

I also think he'll bluff a lot.

Amaryllis 10-23-2007 06:04 PM

I would still bet and call a raise. A 44/19/1.25 player would often (though not always) have done *something* on the flop or turn with oesd. He also would bluff-raise the river some of the times.

One Outer 10-23-2007 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would still bet and call a raise. A 44/19/1.25 player would often (though not always) have done *something* on the flop or turn with oesd. He also would bluff-raise the river some of the times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. You would have to explain to me what those numbers mean. I'm still allergic to paying two bets to show down on that board.

Amaryllis 10-23-2007 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. You would have to explain to me what those numbers mean. I'm still allergic to paying two bets to show down on that board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what they mean EXACTLY, but I know they mean he's GENERALLY not passive. Generally.

You said:

[ QUOTE ]
Check/call, because the only other option is bet/fold. I'd rather show down if it's going to cost me the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the only option is folding after he raises the river. Another option is to call. His stats can't tell me exactly what he's gonna do here, but they sway me in making a call a very viable option after he raises.

[ QUOTE ]
I also think he'll bluff a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you have to let him. Edit: let him bluff raise.

Harv72b 10-23-2007 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Checking looks suspicious and might result in the flop checking through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that a bad thing? Especially if we agree on the principles that, A) neither opponent is ever folding a better hand than your AQ, and, 2) that neither opponent is ever folding a halfway decent draw. And by "halfway decent" I'm including things like gutshots or 2 good overs.

As far as the turn goes, obviously bet, especially since you led the flop &amp; nobody played back at you.

I like bet/call on the river, although I could easily be convinced to bet/fold if BB raises. I think that BB calls 1 bet with more hands you beat than he overcalls with, and I doubt that BTN is folding any pair or even a weaker ace.

Ricks 10-23-2007 10:00 PM

We are heads up on the river with Btn, Harv.

I like a b/c. Btn would have popped that flop with a 7.

Harv72b 10-23-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We are heads up on the river with Btn, Harv.

I like a b/c. Btn would have popped that flop with a 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, that'll teach me to try answering from memory. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah, I like bet/call based on the opponent.