Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Skip Bayless hates kickers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528665)

MuresanForMVP 10-22-2007 04:02 PM

Re: Skip Bayless hates kickers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For one the extra point in the NFL is the single biggest waste of meaningless time ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

NFL Blitz got this right. If you chose not to go for two, then it would give you the extra point automatically.

[/ QUOTE ]

One time in Blitz for N64 I elected to take the extra point, but it said I missed it in big red letters. I swear to god this happened

Pudge714 10-22-2007 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For one the extra point in the NFL is the single biggest waste of meaningless time ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

NFL Blitz got this right. If you chose not to go for two, then it would give you the extra point automatically.

[/ QUOTE ]

One time in Blitz for N64 I elected to take the extra point, but it said I missed it in big red letters. I swear to god this happened

[/ QUOTE ]
Ban for lying. Also anyone whoever took the XP is a giant nit. I remember I played a friend and all game long we were going for 2. He scored the final TD and kicked the XP what a pos.

punkass 10-22-2007 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hold on, he wants to get rid of kickers? Seriously, if that happens we might as well change the name to Throwball.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he wants to actually get rid of kickers. Just get rid of the position and make a regular guy kick the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

So there would be kickers as they are now, but they'd be officially labeled P instad of K. Nice solution.

Semtex 10-22-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or just move it back to a 40 yarder or something. that of course puts more importance on kickers. good ones will stand out more than bad ones.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's fine. I'd like to see the success rate in the 60-80% range. Make it matter. Also, more missed extra points means that 7 and 0 aren't such powerful squares in football pools.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or go back to the drop kick like Flutie did a couple years back. That would be awesome. Maybe limit it to QBs only.

MuresanForMVP 10-22-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ban for lying. Also anyone whoever took the XP is a giant nit. I remember I played a friend and all game long we were going for 2. He scored the final TD and kicked the XP what a pos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im absolutely not lying. my friend and I stared at the screen with a "wtf?" look on our both our faces for a couple seconds

rsigley 10-22-2007 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i swear this happened to me once too and no one ever believed me

i almost convinced myself that i imagined it til this post

MuresanForMVP 10-22-2007 04:21 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Blitz

[ QUOTE ]
There are no timeouts, but the clock stops after every play, and extra points after touchdowns are claimed to be automatic, unless it is chosen to go for two points. However, although rare, choosing an automatic extra point can sometimes result in the extra point being missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

MuresanForMVP 10-22-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i swear this happened to me once too and no one ever believed me

i almost convinced myself that i imagined it til this post

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries, brother. You and I know the truth

wonderwes 10-22-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not alone, also happened to me

Karak567 10-22-2007 04:52 PM

In Madden 08 I always go for 2 except in obvious situations where the EP wins me the game or puts me up by 4 or something. So, essentially, I always go for 2 after early game scores.

My success rate is > 50 % thus that = +EV.