Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   10/25 tough river spot with JJ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527762)

Allinlife 10-23-2007 12:53 AM

Re: 10/25 tough river spot with JJ

jfish, I check-shove turn with 100bb stacks a decent amount but given stacks, c-c looks like the only play I can make with JJ.

jfish 10-23-2007 12:58 AM

yea i guess youre right. i just dont really like calling down at all.

if he raises larger on flop, would anybody like folding flop? would anybody fold turn as played ever?

Ship Ship McGipp 10-23-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yea i guess youre right. i just dont really like calling down at all.

if he raises larger on flop, would anybody like folding flop? would anybody fold turn as played ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you just cannot fold the flop

Jason Strasser (strassa2) 10-23-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
unsubstantiated rumors about Boy: he is a scandi in the US doing his phd on game theory. and he crushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

scary

Stinger88 10-23-2007 08:31 PM

when I used to play on UB a lot i thought boy was one of my toughest opponents. I usually call down here but I'm a station at times.

DLizzle 10-23-2007 11:06 PM

i kind of want to 3bet the flop here because his raise makes me feel like he doesn't want you to. i feel if he raised bigger it would get overpairs and draws to stack off better if he has a set. I kinda feel like he has a draw actually, so I feel like calling and 3betting are both ok, as long as you're c/r turn if draws miss. He might have made his raise size this way so that he can call a flop 3bet with a draw. Axss is certainly possible, but everything else missed, so as played I would call. I think i like c/r ai on the turn though.

one thing i am worried about with my line of thinking is that he has a set and wants to keep the pot smallish and see a safe turn before he takes you to vtown.

-i realize my post is confusing and i edited it lots of times because im retarded, but basically: I think he has a draw, 3betting flop and calling/cr safe turn are both fine and i am undecided between them

ActionJeff 10-23-2007 11:23 PM

I 3b flop too

fsuplayer 10-24-2007 12:05 AM

i know its becoming a lovefest, but boy is one of the toughest ive ever played.

Allinlife 10-24-2007 01:03 AM

ok so I learned to stay away from Boy.

to people in flop 3 bet camp, 140 bb really? only way to feel good about it is if he calls my 3bet with a draw, and bets a blank turn when checked to. I don't think he makes that kind of mistake too often for me to justify stacking of with JJ on that board with 140bb.

ActionJeff 10-24-2007 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok so I learned to stay away from Boy.

to people in flop 3 bet camp, 140 bb really? only way to feel good about it is if he calls my 3bet with a draw, and bets a blank turn when checked to. I don't think he makes that kind of mistake too often for me to justify stacking of with JJ on that board with 140bb.

[/ QUOTE ]

you think he has you beat here with the small flop raise very often? I think its very infrequent but everyone says he is really tough so idk