Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   No parachute skydiving prop bet? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527595)

GSykes 10-21-2007 07:24 AM

Re: No parachute skydiving prop bet?

[ QUOTE ]
i'll do it for way less than 6 figures

[/ QUOTE ]

plz do

GinaSD 10-21-2007 07:30 AM

if you're going to do a crazy bet like this, I hope you're considering force and acceleration. Holding on after a 7 second freefall is a whole different animal than a 4 second freefall. Most static-line jumps vary between 3-6 seconds.

I_am_smrt 10-21-2007 07:36 AM

dead ppl don't pay their prop bets

Peleus 10-21-2007 07:37 AM

Yeah you gotta admit that if you loose you won't have to worry about payment to much.

prodonkey 10-21-2007 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you're going to do a crazy bet like this, I hope you're considering force and acceleration. Holding on after a 7 second freefall is a whole different animal than a 4 second freefall. Most static-line jumps vary between 3-6 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

u reach terminal velocity in 12 seconds.

GinaSD 10-21-2007 07:53 AM

terminal vel. in 12 sec's? No way. HALO jumpers can have incredibly long free falls that start from high enough in the atmosphere to require supplemental O2.

Syberduh 10-21-2007 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dead ppl don't pay their prop bets

[/ QUOTE ]

Money in escrow beforehand ldo. And terminal velocity just means the maximum speed you can reach in freefall due to air resistance.

prodonkey 10-21-2007 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
terminal vel. in 12 sec's? No way. HALO jumpers can have incredibly long free falls that start from high enough in the atmosphere to require supplemental O2.

[/ QUOTE ]

look up the meaning, it doesn't mean u die.. jesus

GSykes 10-21-2007 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HALO is a video game, not real life.

Get a life

goofyballer 10-21-2007 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm, ok, so its close enough to generate some interst. i have one friend who is somewhat sure that this is doable and supposedly would be instantly up for it for anything hitting the 6 figure range... surely a handful of people could put some sort of monetary value and an offer along with stipulations together??

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you're a huge degen, and think about the two outcomes of this bet:

1. You lose a ton of money, or
2. Someone dies.