Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   K hi calldown (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526613)

xorbie 10-19-2007 03:14 PM

Re: K hi calldown

[ QUOTE ]
What, who floats here with a big ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

you and i must play different games.

Cumulonimbus 10-19-2007 03:16 PM

wtf is all this discussion about? are you people crazy?? he can easily have a made hand here. raise river since you made it this far.

nuggetz87 10-19-2007 03:18 PM

fold > raise > call imo.

he could be bluffing w/ a better hand OR valuebetting anything from a set to 2 pair to a flush. his line makes sense with any of those i think.

aislephive 10-19-2007 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think his bet on that river card really polarizes his range to nothing (maybe small pair like 33)or 2pair +, hence my call. Anyone disagree? And would he bet a hand like 44 on the river into the A that should hit about 75% of my range?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why an A is such a big part of your range, I mean is it standard for you to call a psb vs an unknown with AQ or something on this turn? I don't like that either vs an unknown. Your hand looks more like a 9 or maybe a weak T. If I'm in his shoes I would expect to fold out A high no draw by betting big on the turn, so I wouldn't really expect the river to hit you that often. But if you're calling K high on the turn, I suppose you're calling A high with a pretty high frequency. I dunno, I just don't like this calldown regardless of results.

nuggetz87 10-19-2007 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think his bet on that river card really polarizes his range to nothing (maybe small pair like 33)or 2pair +, hence my call. Anyone disagree? And would he bet a hand like 44 on the river into the A that should hit about 75% of my range?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why an A is such a big part of your range, I mean is it standard for you to call a psb vs an unknown with AQ or something on this turn? I don't like that either vs an unknown. Your hand looks more like a 9 or maybe a weak T. If I'm in his shoes I would expect to fold out A high no draw by betting big on the turn, so I wouldn't really expect the river to hit you that often. But if you're calling K high on the turn, I suppose you're calling A high with a pretty high frequency. I dunno, I just don't like this calldown regardless of results.

[/ QUOTE ]

i half agree i don't think aces are anywhere near 75% of his range but definitely something like 25%. i would expect stuff like 77, pairs of 9s or Ts, A highs, hand like KJ. less weighted towards the last 2 because of the turn call.

aislephive 10-19-2007 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, if you think the A hits your range so often and you assume he knows that, he should expect to be called a lot when he bets the river, so why would he bluff?

AAismyfriend 10-19-2007 03:41 PM

Vs an unknown who is mostly likely not capable of value betting too thin here, I think you are good here often enough to call here getting 2.5:1 or whatever it is. Obviously you can't make a habbit out of calling two streets here, but on this particular board I think it's ok to do once in a while given the circumstances.

john kane 10-19-2007 04:09 PM

if we put him on a bluff, why would he bluff $78 into a $80 pot and then only $150 into $236 on river? decided to rep a value bet as a bluff?

personally i think if he's flat calling out of SB he probably isnt that good (but meh, ignoring that) i think his hand looks like AdXd.

i don't like calling a smallish river bet when the turn bet is called, i don't see many trying to bluff here after they've seen your turn call.

Ship Ship McGipp 10-19-2007 04:23 PM

what if i told you guys i did this liek every third hand would you believe me

trplthrt 10-19-2007 04:28 PM

Ship, not surprised given some of your HH posts.

I think the call is gross and w/ the people saying raise or fold is much better.