Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   bluffing with no reads or history (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526411)

Dmunnee 10-19-2007 01:15 PM

Re: bluffing with no reads or history

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
id rather 3bet with KT here

anyone like calling the flop c/r ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if he isn't that likely to fire the turn again and we can pick up the pot there.

[/ QUOTE ]
well duhhhhh, but all we know is that hes unknown

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I don't understand why you would ask that, being that there is no good answer since duhhhhhhh he is unknown.

g-p 10-19-2007 01:16 PM

sure there can be a good answer, you can still make assumptions based on unknowns

Dmunnee 10-19-2007 01:35 PM

ok fair nuff. Against a complete unknown I wouldn't call the flop c/r because I think it's too high variance without knowing anything about villain. I'm curious about your thoughts.

Triumph36 10-19-2007 01:40 PM

always be the first to bluff

i sincerely doubt you are getting rebluffed here, though your line is super bluffy

AAismyfriend 10-19-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call when he shoves

[/ QUOTE ]

aislephive 10-19-2007 02:29 PM

I think calling and shoving over his turn bet (on a blank) is better than 3bet bluffing this particular flop, imo.

You'll get more money out of him when he is bluffing by taking this line although you do risk a little more. With a W$SF that high though he is probably super aggressive and is bluffing the flop very often.

Just to be clear, are you calling or folding if he shoves over your flop 3bet?

d2themfi 10-19-2007 02:38 PM

I like it and probably call a shove, but agree calling a shove would be way better with AJ

jfish 10-20-2007 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call when he shoves

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you guys being serious?

i folded to a shove.

Lefort 10-20-2007 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think calling and shoving over his turn bet (on a blank) is better than 3bet bluffing this particular flop, imo.

You'll get more money out of him when he is bluffing by taking this line although you do risk a little more. With a W$SF that high though he is probably super aggressive and is bluffing the flop very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.. it sucks making bluffs when you can be re-bluffed and taken off of the "best hand"..

I'd much rather call and shove turn if I'm getting frisky... which is something I rarely do against unknowns..

Isura 10-20-2007 02:53 AM

Terrible advice in this this thread. WTF at calling a shove. And we shouldn't care too much if he rebluffs us here, and I don't think he has a FD too often either.