Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Announcing... The Weekly Game! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526194)

JSmith2007 10-20-2007 10:14 PM

Re: Announcing... The Weekly Game!

[ QUOTE ]
lol just so y'all know this game is gonna be as legit as possible.

If BBV invades there's nothing we can really do to stop them, but I'd imagine most of them have better things to do than play $2NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an understatement.

PJo336 10-20-2007 11:22 PM

Do we have to be beginners to play?

basementproject 10-20-2007 11:55 PM

No.

If you are a 400NL player and want to play in our Beginners Forum 2NL game, feel free by all means.

PJo336 10-21-2007 03:18 AM

swweeeet im down

pzhon 10-21-2007 04:18 AM

From past such games, it's good to note that

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] These are not connected with the 2+2 company.
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] The presence of excellent winninng players at higher stakes usually makes games like this incredibly fishy, since the amusement value of snapping off a bluff with 9-high, trapping the table for 20 BB preflop, 1 BB at a time, and the absurd PokerTracker results for this stake level are worth more than the money lost.
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] It's a good rule to say that everyone is expected to show hands. This increases the entertainment and learning value. It's annoying when some people are showing and some people are not cooperating.

I'm not sure if I will be able to play, but it's +EV to tag everyone as 2+2-ers who can be bluffed cheaply with minimum raises.

bobbyi 10-21-2007 04:44 PM

I added a sticky to help you get some publicity for your games.

klezmaniac 10-21-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] It's a good rule to say that everyone is expected to show hands. This increases the entertainment and learning value. It's annoying when some people are showing and some people are not cooperating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show EVERY hand?

--klez

basementproject 10-21-2007 09:32 PM

Hey bobby- thanks for the sticky.

And pzhon, thanks for the tips. Not really worried about the presence of HS players messing around, as this is purely for fun. Thanks!

Jeff_B 10-21-2007 09:46 PM

is this just people dicking around or we talking strategy?
if talkign strat anyone want to trade 10 ub or something for stars cash?

basementproject 10-21-2007 09:53 PM

We'll be talking strat, all players willing. No telling who's going to sit down, though.

I'd trade but cashed out of UB when the AP news came out.