Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Value bet or not? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526125)

admiralfluff 10-20-2007 03:41 AM

Re: Value bet or not?

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno, once people call the turn in these online higher stakes games, they are rarely folding the river nowadays

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], you're right. I didn't think about that. He's definitely looking you up with his 96s.

MarkD 10-22-2007 07:19 PM

Ok. I really don't get hand 1 at all. Nearly everyone is saying to value bet this and I don't understand. I also don't understand why people are saying that villian should 3-bet the turn with all of the hands he should C/R the flop with. I must be missing something there as well because if I had A7 I would C/R the flop but would not 3-bet the turn and would consider 3-betting the turn to be a fair bit spewy. Am I crazy here?

I also think that joker122's range looks pretty close and is a clear check behind.

Didn't you raise the turn mainly as a free showdown raise? That's the only reason it makes sense to me to do it.

hoppscot22 10-22-2007 08:01 PM

i raised the turn because i think i have the best hand a good majority of the time on the turn.

i feel like villain is c/r almost any hand taht contains a 4, 5, 3, 6 or 8 in his hand.

i dunno i kinda suck

Dave Mac 10-23-2007 04:15 PM

hand 1 bet and expect to win about 100% of the time.

hand 2 depends on flow i think it is a bet as i cannot see what he has that would beat you that would not raise at some point but i also cannot give him anyhting cept like 33-77.
dave

celiholic 10-28-2007 03:15 AM

hand 1 is close imo, what are you trying to get value at ? a4, 56s, 58s, 45s ? you can't really beat much after he call your turn raise and river bet. if you called turn and checked to, its a bet 100% of the time. beside, you got 2 bet againts a drawing hand on the turn already. the bet itself probably -ev, but it will increase ur spewage image so it maybe 0ev move if it gets to showdown

definitely a vb for hand 2, cos i expect a cr on flop if he has a 10

MrEngenic 10-31-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1 bet and expect to win about 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

hand 1 I check and expect to win maybe 30% of the time. But I don't raise turn without read either.

bmorganonap 11-24-2007 11:38 PM

value betting in both spots for me.

PokerBob 12-01-2007 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 looks like an easy bet and hand 1 looks like an easy don't raise the turn because I think he should 3bet you with anything he c/r the flop with.

[/ QUOTE ] and since he didnt 3bet turn that makes river super easy valuebet.

[/ QUOTE ]

?? I don't know what you guys are talking about here. Why should villain be 3betting this turn at all often?

[/ QUOTE ]

He shouldn't ever be.

PokerBob 12-01-2007 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Put yourself in his shoes and think about ALL the hands you are checkraising against me that call a turn raise and a river bet. i feel like it is much wider the you are offering in analysis thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're missing an important part of the thought process.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno, once people call the turn in these online higher stakes games, they are rarely folding the river nowadays

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but you don't beat anything that calls.

Solid_p 12-01-2007 09:25 AM

Bet 'em both.