Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   An Out-of-Turn Call Becomes a Raise (NLHE) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524312)

bav 10-17-2007 08:01 PM

Re: An Out-of-Turn Call Becomes a Raise (NLHE)

TDA rules spell out this case now. Out of turn action WILL be binding if no intervening action is aggressive.
[ QUOTE ]
Action out of turn may be binding and will be
binding if the action to that player has not changed. A check, call, or fold is not considered action changing.

[/ QUOTE ]
So regardless what the old school says, the new fangled "standard" seems to be heading toward this. Most of the places I play in Vegas adhere to this rule for cash games as well as tourneys.

redfisher 10-18-2007 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoa. Kind of a stretch to call the rule "nitty." "Absolutely blame" is also a bit of a stretch. It's just a rule to default to consistent rulings when someone acts out of turn. In most cases, the out-of-turn guy will be the one who, well, acted out-of-turn (made the small mistake.)

Yeah, someone might angle-shoot and purposely hide action to see what other players might do, but that's not all that hard to protect yourself against (Follow the action. When in doubt, ask. Hardly a nitty way to protect yourself)

Stacks? Time? WTH?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in the 1 seat. I'm in the 10 seat. I've got a large stack and keep my cards toward the 9 seat to protect them from the dealer. You can't really see them unless you stretch across the table. Why should you be penalized?

If you are, you won't just completely nit up the game to protect yourself from this again? I'm sorry, but if I get a no variance floor ruling like this and don't just rack up I'll nit the game up as much as required to protect my action. Any time I'm not 100% sure of what's going on, I'll go to max protect mode.

RR 10-18-2007 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TDA rules spell out this case now. Out of turn action WILL be binding if no intervening action is aggressive.
[ QUOTE ]
Action out of turn may be binding and will be
binding if the action to that player has not changed. A check, call, or fold is not considered action changing.

[/ QUOTE ]
So regardless what the old school says, the new fangled "standard" seems to be heading toward this. Most of the places I play in Vegas adhere to this rule for cash games as well as tourneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me sad. On a related note how is the TDA mandating that dealers call string raises working out?

EWillers 10-18-2007 01:36 AM

This is the best alternative that I've heard of for adressing the out of turn action situation.

RR, i get the impression you would advocate more of an ad hoc rule, granting greater flexibility to the floor? What do you see as the best rule?

RR 10-18-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is the best alternative that I've heard of for adressing the out of turn action situation.

RR, i get the impression you would advocate more of an ad hoc rule, granting greater flexibility to the floor? What do you see as the best rule?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. The floorperson exists to solve problems, not to blindly apply a rule. With a rigid rule someoen that is thinking to shoot an angle knows exactly what will happen.