Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Turned TPTK in multiway pot, umm ... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521814)

Requin 10-14-2007 01:27 PM

Re: Turned TPTK in multiway pot, umm ...

Oh man I thought the raiser was AI for some reason. I fold pretty quick.

danjohncochane 10-14-2007 01:40 PM

I don't even think twice about folding. (Well maybe i do but you get the point)

aislephive 10-14-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have just as hard a time thinking that he checks a set being last to act on a semi drawable board. The fact that people want to fold AK here should be a good enough reason why he bets a draw.

Again though, with his cold call PF, I expect to see a splitters very often here with a slight chance that he is a monkey with AQ and a decent enough chance that he turned some combo crap and decided to get hypo aggro on yo ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think this is a split often? How many 21/18 tag types would just call pf with AK here? AQ even to a degree, and I think AQ is not raising the turn anyways unless he is v bad. I do also think stuff like ATs/A9s is in his calling range pf, as well as various suited connectors though.

His flop check is confusing though, I don't know how likely he is to check back a set here, or if he would not bet AT/A9 on the flop when checked to.

At the same time his turn raise is smallish. I think most people would raise more with a draw. We still have $150 behind after his raise, are you advocating calling and then calling all but club rivers, or are you shoving now?

Binbs 10-14-2007 02:12 PM

I really doubt he has AQ. Put him more on something like QK of clubs. I forgot how little we have left. I prolly shove over his raise on the turn.

jlocdog 10-14-2007 02:31 PM

I just get in right there on the turn. No way are you folding if you call but if he does have a draw he won't put it in on the river unimproved but will definitely put it in on the turn.

If you and the button switched positions then I would lean toward a fold since I could see a set checking the flop in hopes of getting a c/r in. But if he is a typical run of the mill TAG then he is probably more concerned with 'getting value' and 'building a pot' with his set then he would be getting all FPS on this board.

If you think their is a chance he plays a set in this manner, I don't see how you can rule out AK/AQ calling PF the way he did. I don't think calling with AK with the button is truly horrible. In position I am much more inclined to just call as I have more options at my disposal come later streets.

d2themfi 10-14-2007 03:00 PM

yeah I think calling here is terrible, it should be shove or fold, and I would still fold