Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Major Beat: I Suck at Halo 3 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521270)

tarheeljks 10-12-2007 08:38 AM

Re: Major Beat: I Suck at Halo 3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. I'd own you if I could use mouse+keyboard and you would be stuck with your gamepad on any half-decent FPS out there. Now if you'd make it UT2003 instagib I'd give you a 25-0 headstart (first to 30) and I'd still wtfpwn you even though I haven't played an online FPS in the last 4 years.
3. Consoles are not computers these days? And they have a cpu too. At least get your terminology right if you want to be a smartass.
5. I didn't misspell joystick. Keyboard <> joystick.

/end of my (lack of) contribution to this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

learn to adapt fool or raise your sensitivity. there's got to be some way to play w/a keyboard and a mouse on your xbox. anyone know of a way to set this up ( i guess you could just use a modded console), b/c i would love to take you on.

edit: lol at the whole "i can't do it w/o a mouse" bitching and moaning. plenty of people are good at fps' on consoles AND computers. you can't play ut on the comp and then pick up halo and expect to be good but w/a little practice it's not hard. you may naturally be a little better at one or the other, but if you are good at one you should be able to do the other. basically, you probably just aren't as good as you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of you dumbasses should learn to read, really. Just focus on what I write, don't make stuff up I haven't actually written and you'd do just fine and look a lot less retarded in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

just b/c you don't know how to set it up, i am to assume that is not possible? good one.

my point is if anyone knows how to arrange this i will take you on

and as far as "learning to read" i've comprehended your point, but you've clearly missed mine

Droogie 10-12-2007 08:42 AM

UT2k3 supports gamepads duderette.

As I said before I don't play any FPS on a console.

tarheeljks 10-12-2007 08:48 AM

bah, then i guess we're done w/the trash talk. haven't played that game in years and don't really intend to play it ever again.

4drugmoney 10-12-2007 08:49 AM

Shall be the head corner stone

xxrod17xx 10-12-2007 09:01 AM

newb

dkgojackets 10-12-2007 09:31 AM

play lone wolves, you get EXP just for finishing top three of five. Don't finish last and you won't lose a skill level.

holland3r 10-12-2007 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
play lone wolves, you get EXP just for finishing top three of five. Don't finish last and you won't lose a skill level.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's the deal w/people I see with a skill level like 6, but when I check their stats it says there max skill was like 22?

O Fen�meno 10-12-2007 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Halo skills aren't something you can learn, it's something you're born with.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LuckOfTheDraw 10-12-2007 03:01 PM

I'll never be good at Halo. When I first started playing, it felt more natural to play Southpaw. Unfortunately, thanks to lackluster button configuration options, my jumping and therefore overall ability to move was severely crippled. Though I never played very much Halo, I nonetheless used this style for several years, ingraining the configuration into my muscle memory. And, my aim was actually pretty good.

Then I moved in with some friends who were huge into Halo 2. I started playing a little more and realized how huge the disadvantage was to playing Southpaw so I switched to Default. It took about a month or so until I stopped consistently reverting back to Southpaw muscle memory. When this happened, I would have to stop and consciously remember which thumbstick did what.

I played for a total of about 6 months with Default. Or course, I improved moderately. The change in the ability to move around maps was immediate and drastic. (If you're wondering what is so difficult about Southpaw, it's the fact you have to take your thumb off of the movement stick to hit the jump button. Either that, or employ some jacked up spider grip. Either way, it sucks.) Anyways, even with my newfound ability to move correctly, my aim was horrible. I figure it would take me at least 2-4 years to get to the level of aim I had before the switch, and I really didn't feel like dedicating that much time to a game, especially considering that other people were already that much better than I was, and would continue to get better as I made a futile attempt to catch up to them. Pity, though, because I thought the game was pretty awesome.

AceLuby 10-12-2007 04:14 PM

You can't use keyboard/mouse configuration w/ Halo 3. They did that on purpose because it's a console game. Saying you would pwn if you could is dumb because you can't so get over it.

Regarding the skill question. If they are a 12 and their highest skill level is a 46 that means they have a higher level in one of the other games (lone wolves, TS, TO, etc...).

I'm not awesome by any means, but can hold my own. I love TS the best, but dabble in FFA LW every once in a while. Lubes420 if anyone wants to add me.