Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Am I getting screwd by my dry cleaner? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520822)

Repsychler 10-12-2007 09:21 AM

Re: Am I getting screwd by my dry cleaner?

I think you should post this travesty all over the interwebs. Hell, we're talking about two dollars and ten cents here!

stormstarter28 10-12-2007 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my parents owned a dry cleaners for twenty years. this is entirely standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

90% chance you are Korean. Amirite?

EDIT: You are from A Whale's Vagina, so revising to say 95% chance you are Korean.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, white.

stormstarter28 10-12-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Storm - Just cuz it's an industry standard, does it mean I'm not getting screwed? $1.85/shirt is expensive no? Also, Chamois shirts can be machine washed and dried. Why is it so special when I take them to a cleaner?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I follow what you mean by "getting screwed". If everyone charges about that much, and you voluntarily take the shirt to them to clean, I don't see the problem here. My parents would have informed you that it would be more expensive when you dropped it off to avoid this problem.

My parents charged $1.75 per shirt, and a chamois shirt probably ran about $3.50. I don't recall the exact explanation for this, but I believe the heavier shirts simply took more time/effort to clean and press.

Boris 10-12-2007 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should post this travesty all over the interwebs. Hell, we're talking about two dollars and ten cents here!

[/ QUOTE ]

hey jackass - i go the cleaners about once a week.

El Diablo 10-12-2007 02:21 PM

Boris,

These guys also don't realize how often you wear your sweet chamois shirts!

BTW, I wonder how many people are pronouncing chamois wrong.

Toro 10-12-2007 02:42 PM

chammy?

tuq 10-12-2007 02:43 PM

shammy
cham-wah
sham-wah
cham-oys

EDIT: also sham-oys

Toro 10-12-2007 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shammy
cham-wah
sham-wah
cham-oys

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, I actually meant shammy.

SlamminP 10-12-2007 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I run into the same thing. That shirt has to be done with a different process than just wash, dry and iron, so it costs more. Mine cost $5.00 so I'd say you're getting a bargain.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do dry cleaners iron shirts? Do they have some kind of machine? Cos I just got my nice Burberry slim fit back and they did a horrendous job ironing.

stormstarter28 10-12-2007 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I run into the same thing. That shirt has to be done with a different process than just wash, dry and iron, so it costs more. Mine cost $5.00 so I'd say you're getting a bargain.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do dry cleaners iron shirts? Do they have some kind of machine? Cos I just got my nice Burberry slim fit back and they did a horrendous job ironing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The shirt is either placed around something similar to a mannequin that shoots out steam, or the mannequin is sandwiched between large sheets of iron that do the steaming.