Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   mandatory mental health evaluation for gun-rights supporters (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520715)

xorbie 10-11-2007 08:37 PM

Re: mandatory mental health evaluation for gun-rights supporters

[ QUOTE ]
and you had me all the way up to here:

[ QUOTE ]
[And, to go even further, I'm not even comfortable with the idea of sharing a campus with someone that feels he should be able to carry a gun around.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same, but I wouldn't want *this* guy carrying a gun around.

daaaaahawkz 10-11-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[And, to go even further, I'm not even comfortable with the idea of sharing a campus with someone that feels he should be able to carry a gun around.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad there werent a few "gun toting conservative rednecks" in the building when virginia tech got shot up this summer..... perhaps they could have saved lives

xorbie 10-11-2007 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad there werent a few "gun toting conservative rednecks" in the building when virginia tech got shot up this summer..... perhaps they could have saved lives

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to explain the relative lack of similiar events in other countries?

daaaaahawkz 10-11-2007 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the crazy asian guy came here and killed people instead of doing it back in tha mothaland?

VayaConDios 10-11-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it should also be pointed out that this is a private university.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not start holding the utopians to their own standards now.

pvn 10-11-2007 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, non sequitur.

RR 10-11-2007 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I was wondering why a swastika painted by some frustrated ladies in their bathroom turned somehow into red flags of a hate crime"

Somehow? This kid needs to be kicked out of the university: "More people than you can imagine are tired of this all. It’s just sad that they resort to petty vandalism rather than speak their mind like I am."

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are going to ask about the somehow you should quote what he says next also. He said something about someone shooting people because "he hates them" is not a hate crime.

This guy doesn't seem so bright, but there is nothing in these emails that would indicate he needs a mental health evaluation.

BCPVP 10-11-2007 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HIS MOTHER BOUGHT HIM A 9 MM ASSAULT RIFLE??!??!?!??

[/ QUOTE ]
Tom, what do you think an "assault rifle" is?

PLOlover 10-11-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy doesn't seem so bright, but there is nothing in these emails that would indicate he needs a mental health evaluation.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't seem to realize the revenue this guy would generate if he could be gotten into the "system". any excuse will do.

xorbie 10-11-2007 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, non sequitur.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could not possibly be less of a non sequitor, if we are talking about ways of providing an environment in which these things don't happen.