Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Schuerholz stepping down (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520656)

TruFloridaGator 10-11-2007 02:14 PM

Re: Schuerholz stepping down

I think the moves are pretty obvious outside of which pitchers we try & get. Resign Tex & extend/hold on to almost everyone else. It's not really brain surgery right now.

This is all somewhat interesting considering they announced that the coaching staff is all remaining the same before this happened.. Obviously JS is still going to be influential.

Kos13 10-11-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
greatest GM of all time?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but he's certainly in that argument.

capone0 10-11-2007 02:41 PM

But we need to get starting pitching. I love Smoltz but he's going to retire soon leaving us with 1 quality starting pitcher in Hudson. Some of the callups weren't horrible but weren't exactly good. Going forward I think the O is rediculously good maybe the best lineup the team has ever put up. We just need to get some SP.

Late into the season I was happy about the relief corps. I think Acosta and the pitcher from Texas were excellent late season additions. Soriano calmed down and the guy from Australia was pretty much unhittable.

Suigin406 10-11-2007 02:44 PM

this is such great news...please go far away from the NL east plz

tarheeljks 10-11-2007 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's the prez now mother [censored]!!!

Suigin406 10-11-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's the prez now mother [censored]!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] i was so happy i didn't read the article [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

APXG 10-11-2007 02:54 PM

Usually when guys at his success level step down, it is because they see gloom in the future and want to minimize risk of being associated with a loser / damage reputation.

tarheeljks 10-11-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Usually when guys at his success level step down, it is because they see gloom in the future and want to minimize risk of being associated with a loser / damage reputation.

[/ QUOTE ]

wishful thinking, read the article

TruFloridaGator 10-11-2007 03:24 PM

What does it mean when they step up?

tuq 10-11-2007 03:28 PM

That's a shame about Schuerholz and bad news for Atlanta. gg Braves, you have no chance now that he's gone.