Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   What happened to the arb threads? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520029)

B00T 10-12-2007 12:55 PM

Re: What happened to the arb threads?

hogua would love to.. pm him

beset 10-12-2007 01:11 PM

tom: i just find the whole concept of arb sharing a little ridiculous. Am I missing something? When I find something I have to move on that [censored] fast or its gone.

Lori 10-12-2007 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The arb threads went away because arb threads are completely useless (just a guess).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. Some people like free money via means other than welching on prop bets.

TomG 10-12-2007 01:25 PM

It depends on the book. Some books move their lines aggressively so that one max bet will eliminate the opportunity. Other books will continue to hang stale lines even after several max bets. These books are the real targets.

Lori 10-12-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It depends on the book. Some books move their lines aggressively so that one max bet will eliminate the opportunity. Other books will continue to hang stale lines even after several max bets. These books are the real targets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the baseball arbs at the start of the season were lasting hours, and in two cases, days.
Yes they were only for maybe $50 profit on $1000 over a season, but some people want to know them. To say there's no point to having one thread on a site where there are literally thousands of useless threads (See OOT for details) because that thread may be a bit suboptimal, is ludicrous.

Lori

Utah 10-12-2007 02:40 PM

dallas +240 5dimes
chicago -106 pinny

Normally I wont have hit this but 5dimes is slowly moving the line so it is unlikely error and the bets should stand.

Thremp 10-12-2007 02:45 PM

Ugh....

I'd be stunned if that stood. Dimes pulls these on a regular basis.

Utah 10-12-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh....

I'd be stunned if that stood. Dimes pulls these on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]Normally they would and there is still a possibility they will (havent yet). Again, normally I wouldnt even bother betting it. But, the line slid from 270, 260, 250, 240. So, they were changing it and that makes it more likely it stands. I have had several at 5dimes like this stand. However, I would never arb it.

hedgie43 10-12-2007 03:00 PM

Utah,

What sport is this?

vexel77 10-12-2007 04:30 PM

Bottomfeeders.......