Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   $1/2: Well, now I am a station (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519916)

LearnedfromTV 10-10-2007 02:28 PM

Re: $1/2: Well, now I am a station

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can make calling stations fold top pair

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

orange 10-10-2007 02:28 PM

obv he had KJ.

Symbolic 10-10-2007 02:29 PM

I crai on turn. I think he'll call with an ace. Stack-a-donk is a good line because after you check the turn he'll think you're weak and many villains are incapable of revaluating this when you raise. Hence he'll put you on a bluff or something and call you with any ace. I really wanna get all the money in the pot and I think stack-a-donk accomplishes this nicely. Of course occasionally you'll be beat, but if you are, it's a cooler. If you had a read that he was real nitty then you could play it different but vs. an unknown I'll happily get all in here.

LT22 10-10-2007 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No it's not but its possible and its not folding. I'm starting to think that I'm not nearly as bad as you people make it sound. I squeeze out values in spots where people don't think I do and I save myself money when people would 'value-stack themselves.' Like I lost $800 last night and the biggest pot I lost was one $400 pot and I won a $350 pot.

Honestly I think I saved like $600-800 on not going broke in spots like this.

The guy had KJ here ftw and before people jump all over me for not getting to showdown I don't think you can make calling stations fold top pair or draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

just fold 2 the flop raise if you're not going to get AI here

imozyslow 10-10-2007 02:31 PM

ummm you have trips against a one tabling player that doesnt even have a full stack with an A on board. PUT MOGNIES IN 2 DA POT PLZ.

djj6835 10-10-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy had KJ here ftw and before people jump all over me for not getting to showdown I don't think you can make calling stations fold top pair or draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't follow. You did get to showdown and villain not being able to fold top pair or draws is a reason to stack off on the turn. Am I missing something here?

FGators 10-10-2007 02:33 PM

dj,

I just felt like he had me throughout this hand with his turn bet and river bet which seemed like the milking variety.

donkeykong2 10-10-2007 02:35 PM

i think you played the hand fine.

aislephive 10-10-2007 02:41 PM

I agree with Jay, shove river. Any A calls thinking they're at least chopping, and you probably aren't beat here like ever.

This is also one of the spots where I like donking the turn unless I view him as somebody who bluffs a ton. Ax will often check back the turn but never fold to a turn bet. Against a tag your flop/turn line is good, though.

Anyways, I'm guessing you lost the hand somehow and you're going to say that 'OMG look all the "good" players would have taken the same line or lost more monies! Nothing is wrong with my game at all!'

aislephive 10-10-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No it's not but its possible and its not folding. I'm starting to think that I'm not nearly as bad as you people make it sound. I squeeze out values in spots where people don't think I do and I save myself money when people would 'value-stack themselves.' Like I lost $800 last night and the biggest pot I lost was one $400 pot and I won a $350 pot.

Honestly I think I saved like $600-800 on not going broke in spots like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you lost 4 bi in one session but only got stacked once, that isn't a good thing.