Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   i might be taking this value thing too far (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519652)

ASPoker8 10-10-2007 02:33 PM

Re: i might be taking this value thing too far

raising A2s UTG is perfectly fine if you are good

Flop I call, not raise, so I like.
Turn std.
River is closer to a fold than a raise in my opinion. I usually call.

sh58 10-10-2007 02:53 PM

no reads yet and raise A2s UTG does not compute

i would raise the flop here.

may as well shove the river when he leads again, could have been slowplaying the flush on the turn. obviously it is a set line that boated up too, but what can you do

terp 10-10-2007 03:28 PM

when the hand occurred, i failed to take notice of stacks and did not shove (like i believe i should have). i posted the hand to get an evaluation of that line, since that is what i believe i should have done against his whole range.

he ended up having an oddly played 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Noam Chomsky 10-10-2007 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thing is he has to have a hand that can valuebet this strong that you are ahead of. I don't see that from a tag here. Is he making this bet with 88? I doubt it. Just call..

[/ QUOTE ]

So we have a bluff catcher and should consider folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

Noone is folding this ever, question is to raise him AI for 32 more or just call. I think vs unknown I'd call but with a read I'd shove, but I bet its pretty close wither way with either one being good. He could easily have hearts as well. Raise flop plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I understand the question quite well.
Do you understand mine?

Are you just calling because we have the nut flush or are you calling because you think we're ahead a high percentage of the time?

If it's the latter:

1. How often do you expect to see a bluff?

2. How often do you expect to see him value betting a worse hand?

Which leads to 3:

3. How often is he value betting a worse hand that folds getting 6-1 or whatever.

I think this is a pretty rare spot where we're not bluffing but shoving > folding > calling

Isura 10-10-2007 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when the hand occurred, i failed to take notice of stacks and did not shove (like i believe i should have). i posted the hand to get an evaluation of that line, since that is what i believe i should have done against his whole range.

he ended up having an oddly played 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a bad line for him with that hand. Would you call with TT on the end? But I think its rare he has a smaller flush, and mostly has some crap like a single heart or small pair + heart imo

imozyslow 10-10-2007 03:57 PM

i dont understand why everyone keeps saying they would just call vs an unknown and might shove w/ a read. Unknown = retard 9/10 and we have the niggity nut flush - R IN.

edit: imo

JBeef 10-10-2007 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thing is he has to have a hand that can valuebet this strong that you are ahead of. I don't see that from a tag here. Is he making this bet with 88? I doubt it. Just call..

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that is certainly what he wants you to think......he has either 77 or a flush here. There are three ways to have 77, and a like ten ways to have a worse flush. He is likely calling with both. It is a thin edge to push but shove away terp, shove away.

Isura 10-10-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that is certainly what he wants you to think......he has either 77 or a flush here. There are three ways to have 77, and a like ten ways to have a worse flush. He is likely calling with both. It is a thin edge to push but shove away terp, shove away.

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't playing aejones

Fonkey123 10-10-2007 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shove river.

[/ QUOTE ]