Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Umm? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519293)

FGators 10-09-2007 07:10 PM

Re: Umm?

So what you are all telling me is that when a regular raises in the CO you only flat call pocket pairs because I know for damn sure you are folding KJo, KQo,etc.

TheChad 10-09-2007 07:16 PM

FGators,
I'm certainly playing paint, 98+, AT+, and ALL PPs and raising the top end of that.

jk3a 10-09-2007 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what you are all telling me is that when a regular raises in the CO you only flat call pocket pairs because I know for damn sure you are folding KJo, KQo,etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottom line is that you should rarely be flat calling an open oop with 100bb. Generally speaking, folding or 3betting is almost always better.

carrotsnake 10-09-2007 07:24 PM

rofl, I snap call KQo in the SB vs that open. And if by 12/10, you mean 28/24 then yes

0evg0 10-09-2007 07:38 PM

FG, you're allowed to 3bet those hands.

Probably 50/50 between c/r and c/c on flop.

c/r to like 52 (assuming he bets 14) and call a shove (which never happens because there are 4 hands he's ever 3bet shoving here), but most likely he'll just fold. if he flats, you can shove turn because pot should be big enough and then he def will fold QQ-

Snipe 10-09-2007 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FG, you're allowed to 3bet those hands.

Probably 50/50 between c/r and c/c on flop.

c/r to like 52 (assuming he bets 14) and call a shove (which never happens because there are 4 hands he's ever 3bet shoving here), but most likely he'll just fold. if he flats, you can shove turn because pot should be big enough and then he def will fold QQ-

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely call here PF versus this opponent for value - profitable situations where he has a hand and you crack it simply don't occur w/ enough frequency for it to be profitable. Still, depending on villain tendencies, and assuming this is not your standard, I don't see it as being as egregious an error as some might have you believe.

On the rare occurances I do decide to switch it up and call pf, I CR here about 80% of the time with a fairly wide range. Villain will be cbetting misses here when you call oop on a board like this more than enough for you to CR any two and show a profit. This exactly the board everyone is taught to CBet on - even 18/15s.

I really dislike a lead here as it leaves you absolutely clueless and further invested on the turn.

While I see no issue with CF the turn, and I know this has been ripped already, but I'd also consider a CR. I think his range is wide enough that there are several hands you can semi-bluff out that are significantly ahead of you at this point - 8s, KT, Mid pps, etc.

Additionally, a decent portion of his range may check behind giving you a free card.

74o_Clownsuit 10-10-2007 05:49 AM

Are you really donking this flop with two pair or a set?

Has Villain seen you do something like this?

terp 10-10-2007 05:52 AM

if you truly are as great as you claim at handreading, the only thing stopping you from crushing is your retarded insistence to play pots OOP. but, sure, carry on, whatever.

pdoran10 10-10-2007 06:24 AM

Calling a cutoff raise from the SB with 76s is a really big leak. I have been trying to tell you for about 5 months now that calling raises with suited connectors out of position is one of your biggest leaks.

Jurrr 10-10-2007 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I made up this hand

[/ QUOTE ]Umm... what? Are all your real hands such coolers and bad beats it makes no sense to post them so you have to make hands up for the sake of the discussion?

[ QUOTE ]
and I don't know how huge of a leak it is if I just start clicking "fold" when a regular opens up.

Seriously do you all play 12/10?

[/ QUOTE ]You've got to be trolling now.