Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   5/10 turned my set and i kind of want to c/f river =( (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518966)

craig1120 10-09-2007 02:57 PM

Re: 5/10 turned my set and i kind of want to c/f river =(

You could be right but if so villain is badly misplaying this hand IMO.

microbet 10-09-2007 03:02 PM

He pays off with Q-good kicker and he doesn't value bet it himself. I don't see why he doesn't raise that on the turn. He bets river with missed draws and weak combo draws.

Generally the high aggression makes me want to c/c, but maybe that's not best with your read.

If you can look into his soul and know he doesn't bluff enough (or maybe even have a worse hand often enough based on the turn) or value bet thin enough then check/fold will be best. I don't have the time now, but it shouldn't be hard to do the math on the river between c/c and c/f.

gman06 10-09-2007 07:00 PM

im c/c here

Unknown Soldier 10-09-2007 07:36 PM

c/f is fine, depends a little on the fishies specific tendancies though.

lucksack 10-09-2007 07:43 PM

c/c.

shootaa 10-09-2007 09:43 PM

the turn isn't nec a value raise... how many suited cards without Qd are in his cold calling range and not in his 3 betting range? can he make this semibluff (obv the fish cant call this unless he is a COMPLETE idiot to call it off here w/ like A9 or something, so i don't think that goes into consideration as much as most people think in these spots).

BalugaWhale 10-10-2007 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
c/c

[/ QUOTE ]

Big_Jim 10-10-2007 01:57 AM

how can you say whether we should c/c or c/f without saying how much he bet?

Surely nobody folds to a 1/4 pot bet, and nobody calls a shove?

I'd probably call up to a 3/4 bet most of the time, and fold to full pot+. If it fell in between, god help us all.

Big_Jim 10-10-2007 02:04 AM

As for leading:

If the guy is a nit, and you can confidently fold, you can block. But if he's a nit, it probably has to be a pretty small block to be better than c/fing, since his hand range is already so strong.

If the game is really amped up, I guess you could fake block, but mehhh. I think his hand range is too strong to want to get the chips in here.

Big_Jim 10-10-2007 02:13 AM

catcher,

good posts in this thread.

Re-raising the turn could be right in an amped up heads up match, or if you guys have a lot of history, but in general, reraising leaves you blowing yourself off your hand or getting it in only when a big dog. Remember, he has no reason not to believe you have a flush, all you did was check to the raiser.

Calling, meanwhile, has the benefits of implied odds, potentially a free showdown (bluffing opportunity?) if a scare card falls, a cheaper showdown, and maybe a chance to get away.