Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Karaoke Trip Report! Plus a dilemma... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516372)

4_2_it 10-05-2007 04:12 PM

Re: Karaoke Trip Report! Plus a dilemma...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a pretty standard formula. Even referenced by XKCD. It takes into account that the difference between 30 and 40 is way different than 20 and 30 - much better than the rule of 10s.

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that you take so much stock into some silly formula displays how immature you are anyways. he's probably better off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a math major - of course I put stock into silly formulas.

And seriously - why all the hostility? I listed all his good qualities. I never said I WASN'T going to give it a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't you know us old timers get sensitive in our old age?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy there young man [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

OP --- If you enjoy his company give it a shot. It might be fun for a day, week or a year.

NewTeaBag 10-05-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone's getting way worked up about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
Beat: He is 32

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds more like variance to me than a beat.
Being as this IS BBV misclassifying Bs Bs and Vs is SRZ BIZNZ YO!

divides_by_zero 10-05-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ask him if he has a wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha SERIOUSLY.

It's also really weird to think of him as 32. The place we were at is the student pub so you can count on everyone there usually being a, y'know, student. He's clearly an active part of the community as he is still on the rugby team. But seeing him listed as MIT '99 is just odd.

That's what all this boils down to. It just seems REALLY REALLY weird. And I am parsing it rationally but I also kinda gotta take a minute to just say 32 WTF?! and get it out of my system before moving on.

And to the 30 somethings - I mean, would you want to hang out with a chick still in her undergrad? Wouldn't you want someone who was more on your level? I'm kinda like, wtf, why me? And if it's the obvious answer of "you're pretty" and that's all he's looking at - well I don't want that either.

We're probably going to see them tomorrow though - got invited to the Rugby Game :-D.

divides_by_zero 10-05-2007 04:19 PM

NTB - I actually almost put it as variance - but it was going along with the tongue in cheek hyperbole of the situation.

The real beat is how much [censored] I am getting from Mica. She is REALLY enjoying this situation.

prodonkey 10-05-2007 04:21 PM

I'm 31, and I'm still an undergrad. Physics iz too hard.

Limesparks 10-05-2007 04:22 PM

hey im a 29 yr old physics undergrad hi 5

ps DBZ i cant imagine wanting to subject myself to a dates worth of conversation with _any_ of the 20 yr old girls in my class fwiw

4_2_it 10-05-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And if it's the obvious answer of "you're pretty" and that's all he's looking at - well I don't want that either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I vote this.

prodonkey 10-05-2007 04:25 PM

I dunno.. some are ok.. others are still way too much high school.

prodonkey 10-05-2007 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And if it's the obvious answer of "you're pretty" and that's all he's looking at - well I don't want that either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I vote this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya meeting girls at bars I go for the ones that are ugly. They have good personalities though.

goofyballer 10-05-2007 04:28 PM

Wait, OP is a girl? What's going on here? Why am I just now realizing this?