Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Laughs or Links! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Danny Bonaduce ends "Survivor" star Jonny Fairplay's career (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515502)

Bostaevski 10-04-2007 03:38 PM

Re: Danny Bonaduce ends \"Survivor\" star Jonny Fairplay\'s career

There's no history, at least according to what Bonaduce said on the corolla show this morning. He doesn't even know the guy and had no idea Fairplay was going to jump on him and start dry-humping his face.

Even tho Bonaduce probably has a case to press charges against Fairplay he stated on the radio he's not going to.

TiK 10-04-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no history, at least according to what Bonaduce said on the corolla show this morning. He doesn't even know the guy and had no idea Fairplay was going to jump on him and start dry-humping his face.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I wrote history, I not only meant the history between the two of them, but individually as well, other than the fact that the thrower is an ex-Patridge Family castmember and the throwee is some dude who was on a reality tv show. I wrote it not knowing about either of their douchebagginess that others in the thread have mentioned.

bogey1 10-04-2007 03:56 PM

Bonaduche certainly has a history of, well, violence isn't the right word exactly though he has been violent. He actually strikes me as a guy that wants to be a genuinely decent person, but has trouble with impulse control, be it violence, drugs, whatever.

d10 10-04-2007 04:10 PM

I don't know either of these people but the only one out of line was the one who did the dry humping.

VickreyAuction 10-04-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jonny Fairplay became a TNA wrestler after he placed 3rd in Survivor: Pearl Islands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a heads up, he was a wrestling promoter before he was on Survivor. He also made an appearance for ROH, taking a lariat from Nigel McGuiness. Not surprisingly, Fairplay is a heel.

Richard Tanner 10-04-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know either of these people but the only one out of line was the one who did the dry humping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Watch the vid again, if Danny just drops his arms and Fairplay falls to the ground with his legs under him. Is it that big a deal? Not really. You jump on someone, you take that risk, but don't act like it's perfectly normal to throw someone in the most dangerous way possible when other options are available.

Cody

fishyak 10-04-2007 06:21 PM

Nobody in the Bonaduce family is 6' tall. Danny is a runt, but a very in shape runt, 5'4'-5'-6" max. (Danny's older brother teaches Choir at my kids HS.)

If someone hits you first, all bets are off until you have that person down or clearly controlled. You can't kick em after you've got em down. Smirking after you've got 'em down is allowed. No 15 yard excessive celebration penalty here.

For the guy who made the first physical contact to then sue or demand that someone be arrested for assault is absurd. He would have to go to jail for battery as well. He started it.

And, yes, those are the initials "JD" after my name.

Wires 10-04-2007 06:23 PM

This just proves one thing.

The Reality TV Awards are serious business.

Daliman 10-04-2007 09:44 PM

Danny knew what was coming, and was VERY obviously far more interested in looking like a bad-ass than getting JF off him. If someone you didn't want jumping on you, known for doing so, was setting up as JP did, do you just let him do it, or do you prevent him from doing so in the first place.

This is pretty open and shut. Also, Danny was first to initiate any contact, and also antagonized JF. Don't think in the eyes of the law that that won't matter.

Danny will lose lots of $$$, and possibly some freedom for this. I'd not be surprised if he still had some legal problems and/or probation going on.

EDIT: Anyone thinking DB bahaved rationally should probably take a look at THIS.

SBR 10-04-2007 09:56 PM

I can't believe anyone could watch that clip and think Danny Bonaduce was out of line. If a guy did that to me getting thrown over my head is the best possible out come for him. I'm not sure what [censored] fantasy world you guys are living in where if someone jumps on you and starts humping you, tossing him off is some sort of gross criminal action but you need to wake up. DB isn't going to be convicted of anything and isn't going to lose money.