Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   tilt problems (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514219)

MrHorace 10-07-2007 03:21 PM

Re: tilt problems

One of my MAJOR leaks. As the saying goes, misery loves company! I also spew chips when ahead, cash, tournaments, whatever.
One thing I'll suggest and will try myself: Try leaving the game when your stack is high, even if you've only been playing a little bit. Of course easier for cash games than tourney games. This may be a technique to discipline yourself better.

In tournaments, depending on the blind levels, try getting up from the seat for 3-4 hands.

I welcome any suggestions for plugging this Major leak.

MrHorace 10-07-2007 03:28 PM

I've been pondering this myself for a number of reasons. I don't know much about it, but it seems it would help me relax, stay calm, and would definitely help relieve some of the stiffness and tightness in my body.

MrHorace 10-07-2007 03:32 PM

I looked through my notes from June that outlined all my major leaks. Surprise, Surprise, I still have the same leaks.
You are absolutely right, in that it is a mental problem!! I know what my mistakes are, but I keep making them.
I'm imposing a break from the game until I figure out how to address the problems.

MrHorace 10-07-2007 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you need to block out all results and only concentrate on the hand your playing.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is either a very correct statement or flawed with weakness.
Correct - if you play each hand as a separate entity, in and of itself, you address the issue of spewing off chips when you have an advantage.

Flawed - Knowing how your opponents have played previous hands should affect how you play your hand.

Conclusion: Fix your leaks by concentrating on playing one hand at a time. When leak is fixed and sealed, then start taking into account opponents.

Does this make sense?

MrHorace 10-07-2007 03:46 PM

The problem by OP though is NOT playing properly and NOT playing a sound game. I don't mind when I play really well, but lose. I do mind losing though when I play poorly.

CianCrillz 10-07-2007 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem by OP though is NOT playing properly and NOT playing a sound game. I don't mind when I play really well, but lose. I do mind losing though when I play poorly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea your right, after bad beats I make decisions I would normally not make and make ill-advised bluffs and general rash decisions.

Recently I have been playing shorter sessions, 30mins - 40mins then taking 5-10 minute breaks and coming back. It keeps me refreshed and I forget/get over those personal grudges I get with people who I feel make poor decisions and suck out against me.

I am not sure what ye think about shorter sessions and what negative affects this may have on my game and long-term profit.