Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   10/25 tough spot vs. clowntown (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=512844)

zwolfe05 10-01-2007 12:07 PM

Re: 10/25 tough spot vs. clowntown

no one is folding this, cmon.

stealthcow 10-01-2007 12:14 PM

Thanks for all the responses, I honestly dont remember the last time i was this lost during a hand.

Can those that say fold expand on their reasoning a bit more, pls?

I dont mind if he checks behind QJhh or J9hh type hands on the flop. As for checking behind nut flush draws- I dont see how that can be the best play.

For those advocating fold- Does anyone want me to c/c the river here? I was having a lot of trouble putting him on a hand that could pay me off on the river (other then the oddly played 33 A3 or 78)

Those who are advocating calls - if i bet 400 does it make it more of a fold? Do you think villain is value raising worse here or that he's putting me on 2pr/ set and that he can knock me off my hand?

Ship Ship McGipp 10-01-2007 12:25 PM

the checking behind flush draw reminds me of the fwf thread with the CR river bluff where- i think fsu- owns his soul

fatgirl_lover 10-01-2007 06:47 PM

yeah i remember this hand kind of, it actually took me a few minutes to rethink the hand and remember what i had. stealhcow, could you tell me what my image is in that game? am i respected, thought of as unpredictable, loose or tight? i have a history of being a tight, passive and unimaginative player.

J_V 10-01-2007 07:20 PM

He's not bluffing because it's really hard to put him on any of the hands he's representing, but I call anyway because all but the weakest/tightest players would value-raise worse.

stealthcow 10-01-2007 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not bluffing because it's really hard to put him on any of the hands he's representing, but I call anyway because all but the weakest/tightest players would value-raise worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks J_V- thats pretty much where my line of thought is now

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i remember this hand kind of, it actually took me a few minutes to rethink the hand and remember what i had. stealhcow, could you tell me what my image is in that game? am i respected, thought of as unpredictable, loose or tight? i have a history of being a tight, passive and unimaginative player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overall i had only been at the table for maybe 40 hands when it came up. You seemed to be opening in the co every time but otherwise didnt' seem to laggy. I had 3bet you 1-2x and you folded to my cbets pretty quickly.

please tell me what you had so i can sleep better at night, lol

Victor 10-02-2007 12:53 AM

wow, didnt know who clowntown was. im gonna feel obligated to call him down now.

FiSheYe 10-04-2007 12:56 PM

gross spot with the way the hand played down. I mean you have the nut straight on the turn and on the river you've got a flush. Board looks super scary for anything worse than a straight. I actually wouldn't mind ppl advocating a fold if we only had the straight but in the given scenario I don't think there is much space for a fold unless you have information about Villian that aren't presented yet. We are still beating a few Flushcombos and he could become fancy with AhX. I call here against unknowns with more information you can make an argument for a fold but without further knowledge you have to call her imho.