Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   *** Official October Chat Thread: The Purple Goose *** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=512741)

TheProdigy 09-30-2007 11:51 PM

Re: *** Official October Chat Thread: The Purple Goose ***

From the last thread:

Phresh: Iunno what set him off, but the next day he tried to talk [censored] again and I did for a bit but it got old so I just told him I didn't feel like messing with it anymore, but whenever I tried to have any conversation with any other player he would throw insults in and try to constantly make really idiotic comments. It was actually quite immature and I was kinda disappointed that a stupid "bigger epeen" match turned into him just constantly being a dbag and not giving up. I ended up not responding to anything he said by the end of it although he was very persistent to get into any other conversation I had, but hopefully he gets over it soon lol. I don't think highly of his game already(15/7 ftw), so hopefully he will get mad and spew off some chips to me.

Renton: I personally haven't received any payment. I need this to feed my kids mang [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[Phill] 10-01-2007 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that and ratholing goes against everything that poker as a game stands for, money won stays on the table if you want to continue playing

[/ QUOTE ]

Fwiw, i dont agree.

This is an old concept carried over from the days of live poker - if you want lets take it to the extreme; if you are ever up on a table you can never leave because winners dont quit the losers. In one swoop game selection is out the window.

WCGRider 10-01-2007 12:51 AM

So far so good, won a set over set and hit nfd for anotehr stack, woot!

Mike Kelley 10-01-2007 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would, I may have to change my name to "Suns in 07/08" since I live just south.

[/ QUOTE ]

Loved hearing the crowd chant "Marty! Marty! Marty!" while I was listening to the chiefs broadcast on my way home from my sister's wedding.

TheProdigy 10-01-2007 12:58 AM

Welp not a good start to a new month The bet sizing and raising were a bit suspect but I obv extracted a lot out of a crap hand but unfortunately the turn(and river) hated me

Poker Stars, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $197.65
CO: $672.80
BTN: $192
SB: $193
Hero (BB): $197
UTG: $484

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22</font>, BTN calls $15

Flop: ($45) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $35</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $90</font>, BTN calls $55

Turn: ($225) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $85 and is All-In</font>, BTN calls $80 and is All-In

River: ($385) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $385 Pot ($3 Rake)
BTN showed J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a full house, Tens full of Jacks) and WON $382 (+$190 NET)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Tens) and LOST (-$192 NET)

ship_it_trebek 10-01-2007 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would, I may have to change my name to "Suns in 07/08" since I live just south.

[/ QUOTE ]

Loved hearing the crowd chant "Marty! Marty! Marty!" while I was listening to the chiefs broadcast on my way home from my sister's wedding.

[/ QUOTE ]

While my survivor pick goes up in flames.

rdrr 10-01-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would anybody be interested in a fantasy basketball league for the forum (on yahoo)?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea...roto or h2h? I'd be in for both, but like roto more. $10-$100 (maybe higher) buyin would work for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer H2H because it's higher variance and therefore more exciting, DUCY? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

chicken10der 10-01-2007 01:36 AM

30 minutes into the month, the curse continues

http://i21.tinypic.com/29ojotd.jpg

AA &lt; KK is one thing, but does it really need to happen at 2/4 hu?

CalledDownLight 10-01-2007 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would anybody be interested in a fantasy basketball league for the forum (on yahoo)?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea...roto or h2h? I'd be in for both, but like roto more. $10-$100 (maybe higher) buyin would work for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer H2H because it's higher variance and therefore more exciting, DUCY? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer less variance in fantasy sports and more in poker.

I've also watched football and railed the wcoop all day instead of studying for a midterm I have tomorrow.

bottomset 10-01-2007 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AA &lt; KK is one thing, but does it really need to happen at 2/4 hu?

[/ QUOTE ]

on the plus side it doesn't appear that it was deep